Spirit Dining Room Question

Windows does allow jeans, the Garden Room don't.
We were on the Spirit in November 2007 and '08 (and back again this year:p). I remembered Windows as having the more strict dress code for dinner and Garden more relaxed.

Breakfast and lunch Garden is closed and jeans or shorts were acceptable in Windows.

We don't even pack jeans and don't spend a lot of time critiquing the dress of others so maybe I have this backward. I do remember that there was a group entering Windows ahead of us one evening and they were told they could not be seated as one man in the party was wearing dress shorts. They were directed to the Garden.

Charlie

We were on the Spirit the week of February 15...no jeans in Windows at dinner time, but jeans (and even shorts) were allowed in the Garden Room.

Breakfast was served in both restaurants...we ate in both at breakfast time. Windows was more formal...everything was served to you; at Garden Room, fruits, juices, and sweet rolls were buffet style, the rest served.

As far as lunch, we didn't eat at either one, we generally did the buffet or ate by the pool.

-Joanne

We were on the Spirit in November 2007 and '08 (and back again this year:p). I remembered Windows as having the more strict dress code for dinner and Garden more relaxed.

Breakfast and lunch Garden is closed and jeans or shorts were acceptable in Windows.

We don't even pack jeans and don't spend a lot of time critiquing the dress of others so maybe I have this backward. I do remember that there was a group entering Windows ahead of us one evening and they were told they could not be seated as one man in the party was wearing dress shorts. They were directed to the Garden.

Charlie

Charlie is correct. We DID wear jeans several times and loved that option. We dressed up twice but otherwise loved being able to be casual at dinner.

To recap: Garden Room allowed jeans at dinner and Windows did not. During the day, Garden is closed but jeans are allowed in Windowns.

Can I ask if the dress shorts were allowed because it is spring break or if that is normal? I am just asking, because last May we went on Carnival Triumph and the new policy was dress shorts on any night in the MDR except on the elegant nights. We did not wear shorts, but one of the men at our table of 8 did and he looked fine. I think Carnival had implemented this policy due to the extra charges the airlines had started for luggage. I am new to NCL so just curious. Thanks

Can I ask if the dress shorts were allowed because it is spring break or if that is normal? I am just asking, because last May we went on Carnival Triumph and the new policy was dress shorts on any night in the MDR except on the elegant nights. We did not wear shorts, but one of the men at our table of 8 did and he looked fine. I think Carnival had implemented this policy due to the extra charges the airlines had started for luggage. I am new to NCL so just curious. Thanks
When it happened to the group in front of us it was the week after Thanksgiving 2008.

I believe that it is the normal policy for NCL now to have one of the MDR's be more casual than the already casual policy.

I used to be that on their formal night there was one dining room (the smaller usually) designated as formal on NCL ships. Tie and jacket were required. That went away 3 or 4 years ago.

Charlie

I was just on the Spirit two weeks ago and MISS IT! It was a wonderful experience.

I can give you all the scoop:

The Garden.... any kind of dress goes but it is more resort casual. You can dress up or dress down. I wouldn't wear a bathing suit and cover up but a nice casual resort outfit is appropriate. My husband wore khaki shorts one night and felt comfortable. It is open at 5pm and closes at 1030.

The Windows.... only pants and dress up is allowed here. the only night that you can get away with wearing anything to the Windows is on the chocolate night. It is open from 5pm until 9pm.

Raffles..... Buffet eating. We went here every morning for breakfast as did most everyone else. You can sit in the restaurant or you can sit outside on the terrace. OR, if you really want, you can take your plate back to your room. Most people didn't eat here for dinner. We took our kids here before Kids crew every night and then hubby and i ate elsewhere. It opens at 630 until 7 for continental style breakfast, from 7 until 11am for breakfast buffet; from noon until 230 for lunch; and from 5 to 9pm for dinner.

The Blue Lagoon...the comfort food place. It serves wings, artichoke dip, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, etc etc etc.... this is the place you go if you are hungry at anytime. Open 24 hours.

There are several pay extra restaurants(open from 530 until 1030 every night):

Sushi .. pay $15 extra

Shogun Asian...pay $15

Teppanyaki... pay $25

Le Bistro...pay $15

Cagney's Steakhouse...pay $20 (we ate here...nothing special)

La Trattoria...pay $10

i have iteneraries for everyday if you'd like me to email them to you. You'll love all your ports. I recommend the On Broadway show, the Magic Show and the On the Radio show. Those were great. The others were good too but I wouldn't miss those.

:) Hope this helps!

Windows didnt care shorts or not. Garden room had 2 nights of the cruise that you couldnt wear shorts. Long jeans were fine every time i went. Of corse my long jeans are dark blue. Not faded or with holes like some people like now days so they were "nice" jeans.

I was on the cruise jan 4th of this year.

Also, the blue lagoon is where u go to get your drunk munchies on.

Tomato soup and cheese frys :)

Archived