electro

Members
About Me

• Interests
    biking, rowing, kayaking, reading

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

electro's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

• Great Review Rare

Recent Badges

1. On my very first cruise, they had a passenger talent show. There happened to be 2 students from Julliard on that cruise. No other talent show has ever lived up to that one so I eventually stopped attending them.
  2. I will when it gets closer to the cruise. In the mean time, I'm trying to get some real life experience from Canadians who have had a port stop in Egypt. If they are categorically denying military (I'm sure they wont tell me that) or if I don't need it, I'd rather not spend the money for nothing. If I do need it but can't get it, I'll have to make arrangement to stay in Greece while the rest of my family does the cruise.
  3. If that is the case, there is zero advantage to getting a beverage card, not that there was much of an advantage before. And if they can't be used for happy hour it is less than zero, it is a negative to buy one as you risk spending more money and not being refunded.
  4. I am booked on a cruise in Oct, out of Athens, Greece that has a stop in Alexandria. It has been reported several times on this thread that military and retired military are being denied visas. Trying to figure out if the rest of my party (3 others) should get visas, or if it is something the cruiselines are taking care of. Will I be denied boarding if I don't have one.
  5. anyone have any recent experience with going to Egypt on a cruise? Did you need to get a visa or are cruiser exempt?
  6. I got the "your cruise has departed" msg this morning for my sailing tomorrow. I'm really getting tired of the issues with HAL's website. I have never seen a cruise line website this bad before. (I don't use any other carnival lines so I don't know if they are as bad). NCL, Celebrity, Royal, even MSC have been better than HAL by a wide margin.
  7. thanks everyone. I'll look into a few of these.
  8. Is there anything to do, see that is in walking distance from the port?
  9. Yeah, I got that as well. I really wish they weren't leaving so early. Don't really want to stay on board in Boston since that is the only day there and we have 2 days everywhere else on the B2b, but I might. I don't know if there is anything to see within walking distance to the ship.
  10. Thanks for that info. I know on some other lines it's 2 hrs. I like to get on early so I never worried about it, but since this is like a port stop for us with an early sail away I was hoping for a bit more time.
  11. Actually, just want to go to lunch in little Italy. Worried about traffic getting back to the ship if we have to be on for 1.
  12. That makes it hard to plan anything in advance. I will check on the ship but I would like to have some idea before the cruise.
  13. I've not been on the Westerdam but mine didn't fit in the bathroom outlet on the Zaandam and the Neiuw Amsterdam, my plug was polarized, the socket was not. I have since got a rechargable waterpik for travel.
  14. When on a B2B, on turn around day, do you have to be on ship at the same time as those newly embarking passengers, ie 2 hr before sailing, or is it 30 min as on a port stop day? I've been on B2B's before but have stayed on the ship on turn around days so never looked into this. This time is in Boston and sail away is at 3 pm.
  15. True Story!! My daughter lived in Japan for 3 years and she would send us kit kats quite often. The matcha and the caramel macchiato were delicious, the mashed potato and the corn on the cob, not so much!