BallFour4

Members
About Me

• Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Warm weather ports (makes the wife happy)

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

BallFour4's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (3/15)

1. The best advice you have here so far is to call the Special Needs Department on Monday. The rest is speculation. Now, I will do the same. Changing a port is a (if near the clavicle) requires a local anesthetic. While necessary for your wife's treatment it has the potential to be triaged as a non-emergency, has risk of infection and the strong chance exists the on board doctor will refuse. While that isn't what you were looking for here, it's factual. I do hope someone will offer an example of good news. If your wife is on a chemo journey, then prayers her way for a smooth recovery. I'm six months into a two year post surgery treatment for cancer. Godspeed my friend. Hope it works out. .
  2. I stand corrected. I'd be curious if the alcohol was in the delivery. Report back! .
  3. I truncated your post. When you order a package to be delivered for a sailing from here in Galveston the Day One delivery is not an option on the drop-down menu. Enjoy your vacation! .
  4. Got it. I was quick on the trigger.
  5. I truncated your post, so forgive me. To my answer. Carnival does not care to more than a casual level about their past guest program. Consider the chess set, Nike hat, wrist slap bracelet, fanny pack and more. My first cruise was on the Mardi Gras from Miami in 1976. My wife and I made diamond last year and scattered thirty-six cruises, most from your and my home state here in Galveston. The decline in value of status accelerated in a post-Covid cruise world. After a five night trip on the Breeze in November 22 we finally gave up after sixteen years of Carnival exclusive. We have sailed on the Quantum to Alaska last June and the Icon in March. There is no comparison. None. We got a balcony on the Icon for under 4 grand with insurance and gratuities. Our next is Europe in 2025 (pending good outcomes on chemo for me) on the Independence. By comparison we tried the Jubilee from here for a 7 nigher and it was higher. Carnival is happy that we have aged out. They thrive on Blue and Red cards spending money. I'll stop now, most will disagree, but at age 65 the funnel folks don't need me. .
  6. We do every time. The scanner is larger than airport ones. and there is no weight limit. .
  7. The cab line goes quick. They need a permit to get in line. The flat rate is easy to absorb. Be careful in the city. The mall and waterfront are a safe walk. .
  8. 1.) Almost anything. They stopped no one. 2.) Yes. 3.) Read the FAQ, we didn't bring anything. We had a blast last summer on our Alaskan cruise! .
  9. Great review! The Elation was one of the Fantasy class ships based here in Galveston for a while. She did seven day runs and later moved over to the 5-5-4 rotation the Breeze has now. In 2005, post serious damage to Cozumel our Thanksgiving week cruise went to Veracruz as a substitute. The city turned out like it was a holiday. With a late departure they sang to us as we left port. My wife and I are fortunate enough to have been on everything from the original Mardi Gras to the Icon of the Seas for forty-one (I think) cruises. Fantasy class ships have all had amazing food, friendly crew, the "at sea" feel with a bit of movement and enough wood and brass to make the Queen Mary jealous. We took a sixteen year run with Carnival exclusive and returned to the Quantum of the Seas for Alaska last summer, then seized a deal on the Icon for this past March. We watch the Jubilee sail when we bike ride, and perhaps later this summer it will fit around chemo. Cancer protocols change vacations... Here are a few of the Fantasy class images that I call favorites. See you at sea!
  10. Nice review! We sailed in March and had an amazing time. We took a decade long departure from Royal for a couple of dozen trips from here in Galveston on Carnival. After the Quantum to Alaska in June and this trip we are never going back. We made diamond, and walked aboard the ship at 10:40AM, muster completed and early lunch before noon. Our baggage was at our door when the cabins opened. We took advantage of a travel agent deal and had a balcony cabin for two for $3400 total price. I splurged at rented a Chill Island Cabana and would do that again in a second. The ship manages people amazingly well. We never felt crowded, loved the entertainment and in four decades of cruising have never been wowed more. The Pearl Cafe was a solid hit, as was MDR food. We did reserve Hooked for a lunch and dinner. It was fantastic. The Icon is a big kite, and you could feel some wind movement a couple of evenings. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Mardi Gras, so ship movement is not that big of a deal. I am rambling, but the weather is nice at the beach house, and I am enjoying your read. Here are a sample of my photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lz345s9iCRRezVDz6 .
  11. F-150 Texas Edition Crew. It's the city boy edition with 2 wheel drive. The 2.7 EcoBoost delivers 24-28 mpg with a 3.15 axle ratio. The perfect car allowance vehicle for Coastal Texas roads! You can always tell a Texan, you just can't tell us much." .
  12. We've dropped luggage at 9:30AM and went to Mosquito Cafe for breakfast. Enjoy your vacation. .
  13. Well, no. The route around our east side sails along. The drive from Galveston is two hours or less on every weekday except an occasional Friday. Make sure your driver takes the eastern route on Beltway 8. IF you self-debark, walk off early, TSA Pre-Check and have transportation there you should be at IAH before 11. Clear makes it a really smooth process. .
  14. I cannot suggest stronger to drive up to the terminal, drop your luggage and passengers and then have someone in your group go park the car. I cringe when I see people toting luggage across Harborside after getting tired waiting for shuttles. Side note, if traffic on Harborside is busy jump over a street or two and come back to the terminal on 20th street. .