Alaska

Recent Profile Visitors

8,157 profile views

island lady's Achievements

40,000+ Club

40,000+ Club (8/15)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. Nice! Looking forward to our visit to Iceland/Greenland in August. Thanks again for your fantastic review and for taking us along on your journey. Feels like we are right there with you. 🥰
  2. Ah...Barrington my man...happy hour is just not the same without you!!
  3. And of course all the cigars they hawk in town are verified actual Cuban cigars. 😄 😄
  4. And that house would have loved you to take care of it as well! Poor big 'ole mansion has been falling apart for many years. 😞
  5. Always funny for us. When we are home...we miss traveling. When we travel...we miss home. The VRBO homes are not as bad as cruising...since I still get to cook and feels like a real home. 😉
  6. Hubby loves puttering around the yard, tending his plants and landscaping when we are here at the little house. He grows many of them from seed. We also have community lawn service...but that is just to mow the lawn and trim. Our palm trees and Pineapples are on their own when we leave. The big property just got too much for us when we retired and starting traveling a lot. Don't miss that part of it indeed. 😉
  7. We "jumped ship" on RCI world cruise in LA a few months ago (did first quarter, 63 nights). We already have Viking B2B booked for 45 days (down under) beginning of next year. The Serenade world cruise did not do a full circumnavigation of Australia (which Viking does). Plus we had no interest in going through the Suez Canal or into the middle east. (that was before they were forced to cancel that route). We are rejoining for the last quarter (62 nights) in Barcelona doing western Med, Baltics, Greenland, Iceland and then working our way down eastern US seaboard back to Miami.
  8. LOL...actually I liked both actors. Zachary was a favorite of mine when he played the bad guy on Heroes. 😉 And how could you not like Leonard? 😄 We lived for 20 years on one of the large canals in Merritt Island. Could hear the ship's horns as they left (when PC let them sound off more) and always wished we were on board. Back then, was quite limited on cruise ships, and in fact it was just a gravel road with shrimp boats at the port when we moved in. Monarch will always be in our hearts. 🥰
  9. Added bonus cruising in Alaska for me....local AT&T service. Both using their internet and the phone. 🙂
  10. We usually take the stairs as much as we can...but this last week, Bucky had a leg injury. The stairs going down were actually the worst for him with the down step weight on the leg...and he is a skinny guy. 😮
  11. We had at least 3 of the aft elevators in and out of service most of the time. One never worked. 😞
  12. Did the captain sound the horn when you crossed? 🙂