Hdmi connections on flat screen tvs constellation

SvenVR73

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a DVD player or iPad to the in-room television set ?

We are leaving in two weeks on our cruise and were wondering if it was worth taking cables with us to hook up our iPad.

Getting really excited about our first ever cruise.

Sven

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a DVD player or iPad to the in-room television set ?

We are leaving in two weeks on our cruise and were wondering if it was worth taking cables with us to hook up our iPad.

Sven

id like o know this too. i have a ta in november on the equinox and was curious about it

It can be done.

You have to also unplug the RJ45 cable that goes into the back of the TV. You'll lose the ability to use the remote control (for volume), but we did this on Silhouette.

- Connect iPad to HDMI input using standard iPad/HDMI cable

- Disconnect RJ45 cable going to back of TV

- (maybe? can't remember) use the controls on the TV to navigate to the HDMI input. That might just happen automatically. Can't remember.

My wife was laid up with a huge back flare-up for most of our Caribbean cruise, and we watched the first two seasons of Justified from my iPad, so I can say this from direct personal experience. :-)

Sven

Like my DH always says, "it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

It takes so little room too.

:-)

• 2 years later...

So, I just recently returned from 10 days in the Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox. I brought my laptop and HDMI cable. I attempted everything to get the laptop hooked up to the tv to no avail. I unplugged the ethernet cable, plugged in my hdmi cable, unplugged everything, restarted everything, turned off the tv, turned on the tv, tried the 8-2- etc numbers on the remote as suggested by someone else. Nothing.

I was very much bummed. This was the FIRST thing I did upon entering our room. But, luckily I have a 15.6 inch screen on my laptop and we just watched our shows on that - Homeland, Californication, etc...

Good luck to anyone else.

So, I just recently returned from 10 days in the Caribbean on the Celebrity Equinox. I brought my laptop and HDMI cable. I attempted everything to get the laptop hooked up to the tv to no avail. I unplugged the ethernet cable, plugged in my hdmi cable, unplugged everything, restarted everything, turned off the tv, turned on the tv, tried the 8-2- etc numbers on the remote as suggested by someone else. Nothing.

I was very much bummed. This was the FIRST thing I did upon entering our room. But, luckily I have a 15.6 inch screen on my laptop and we just watched our shows on that - Homeland, Californication, etc...

Good luck to anyone else.

FYI picture of My iPad hooked to Equinox March 14/14 voyage.

CE14HX_%25200284-XL.jpg

FYI picture of my Apple TV hooked up on Silhouette March 2013 voyage.

CS13HX_%25200237-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid