NCL Drink Package Spreadsheet Version 1.3

Version 1.3: Instructions tab, wine by the bottle list added, formulas fixed, layout changed, functionality improved.

I'm pretty happy with it. Will probably be the last version unless people point out something that I REALLY have to fix but I think I caught everything this time.

NCL Drink Spreadsheet 1.3.xls

Version 1.3: Instructions tab, wine by the bottle list added, formulas fixed, layout changed, functionality improved.

I'm pretty happy with it. Will probably be the last version unless people point out something that I REALLY have to fix but I think I caught everything this time.

Crap, one of the main formulas messed up when I switched it to Excel 97, working on a fix

This spreadsheet will drive you to drink...

I took one look at it and decided that my time was worth more than trying to figure this spreadsheet out and input everything. Think I'm just gonna get the UBP! Thanks for your help... one way or another...

This spreadsheet will drive you to drink...

I took one look at it and decided that my time was worth more than trying to figure this spreadsheet out and input everything. Think I'm just gonna get the UBP! Thanks for your help... one way or another...

This version proves that I have WAY to much time on my hands. Now to figure out what to do tomorrow and the 5 months up til I get on a ship!

This version proves that I have WAY to much time on my hands. Now to figure out what to do tomorrow and the 5 months up til I get on a ship!

Here's an idea for your next UBP spreadsheet -- make it interactive! That is, folks can go out to the store and purchase a bunch of crap they like to drink. Fire up your new spreadsheet, and for every drink, they ring it up! Probably only have to do it for a day...keep drinking until it becomes "worth it" or until 24 hours pass. Fun for the whole family!

I had already decided long ago to buy the drinks package, if only so I didn't have to even worry about spending while on board. But I have to say, this spread sheet is all kindsa awesome. What an amazing amount of work you put into it! (And I love that you gave a shout-out to Gambee for the pics of the various drink menus... )

Am I right that all of the drinks listed on the spreadsheet are included? I haven't had a chance to really look into it, and was surprised to see things like the Apple Blossom martini. I had one of those on the Breakaway (I didn't have the drink package on that trip) and it was fantastic. i will definitely be enjoying a few of those on the Gem in September!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Richard/Tralfie

I had already decided long ago to buy the drinks package, if only so I didn't have to even worry about spending while on board. But I have to say, this spread sheet is all kindsa awesome. What an amazing amount of work you put into it! (And I love that you gave a shout-out to Gambee for the pics of the various drink menus... )

Am I right that all of the drinks listed on the spreadsheet are included? I haven't had a chance to really look into it, and was surprised to see things like the Apple Blossom martini. I had one of those on the Breakaway (I didn't have the drink package on that trip) and it was fantastic. i will definitely be enjoying a few of those on the Gem in September!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Richard/Tralfie

The new package covers all drinks under $10 so it includes all martinis except the Cobalt blue. I think there are 4 wines by the glass that are not covered either, but besides that everything else should be covered.

Spreadsheet was great, thanks for all your hard work! I’ve already booked the package, so it wasn’t a decision, but it sure did let me spend a few minutes day dreaming about which drinks I was going to have! Fruity cocktails by the pool, wine with dinner, caiphainas at Moderno, and some bloody marys the next morning! We lucked out- booked the package Friday and it was still $49- talk about timing!

Ok... So, when I was telling my partner about the spreadsheet, I likened it to how I determined whether or not the UBP would be good for us. I said that this spreadsheet, in terms of complexity, on a scale of 1-10, this WONDERFUL spreadsheet is definitely close to an 11. ;)

On the other hand, my way of figuring - was like a 1.5-2!! lol

It was a work of beauty, though!! Loved playing around with which drinks to have on which day. Much like one of the other poster's comment. :D

Thanks for the fun!

Sara

Edited by swaterbury
Grammar

We were going to purchase the UDP until we received the email from them promoting 'On Sale now. Save $5' only to discover they have raised the price significantly from $49 - $54 + tax pp and you save the $5 as it will cost you $59 if you buy it on the ship. Absolutely INSANE! It's no wonder some people choose to smuggle their liquor on board. We, for two, will now not be purchasing this package.

We were going to purchase the UDP until we received the email from them promoting 'On Sale now. Save $5' only to discover they have raised the price significantly from $49 - $54 + tax pp and you save the $5 as it will cost you $59 if you buy it on the ship. Absolutely INSANE! It's no wonder some people choose to smuggle their liquor on board. We, for two, will now not be purchasing this package.

Actually the $5 increase isn't that much. Under the new package all drinks and wines by the glass under $10 are covered. That's pretty much everything except 4 drinks and probably a few "ultra-premium" liquors.

Yeah. The change includes more drink options. Especially for those beer drinkers. The only thing is... of the 2 of us in the room, I am really the only one who would drink enough to make the package worth it. And, when I do the calculations I do not even want to think about the results of me drinking enough for the two of us! Lol:eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Getaway yesterday....hate to bring bad news, but the UDP is now $67 a day! Was a very rude shock when we got on board, because we were expecting the $49. So, it was around $467 for the week. Ouch. Checked their website from FLL after debark, saw it was listed at $54. Called and spoke to NCL, they confirmed the site is wrong and I was charged correctly at the $67. Again- huge increase, still does not include high level brands, but does include 15% gratuity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And drinks of the day are included. And honestly- most bartenders were super cool. Wife had the beer and wine package, and they never blinked when we ordered mixed drinks for her. I just presented my card, and they put both on mine.

Includes all cocktails, glasses of wine and beer (under $10), unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants (inclu...Includes all cocktails, glasses of wine and beer (under $10), unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants (including while at Great Stirrup Cay).

• Price$993

We just got off the Getaway yesterday....hate to bring bad news, but the UDP is now $67 a day! Was a very rude shock when we got on board, because we were expecting the $49. So, it was around $467 for the week. Ouch. Checked their website from FLL after debark, saw it was listed at $54. Called and spoke to NCL, they confirmed the site is wrong and I was charged correctly at the $67. Again- huge increase, still does not include high level brands, but does include 15% gratuity.

Did you order the drink package aboard the ship? Sounds like you ordered the drink package after they implemented the change. The change was that the UBP is $54 if you order it ahead of time and $59 if you order it on the ship. The fact that you were charged $67 a day indicates you were actually charged the $59 dollars a day. Cruisers who had ordered the package at $49 have said that the line is honoring the $49 price they paid. Another thing you mentioned is that your wife and the corks and corkscrews program, so do they allow two people in the same stateroom to have two different packages?

I hate to assume, so I'm asking the question here.

My cruise was booked several months ago. UBP was part of the "perk" when I booked. Since there has been some obvious changes to the UDP since then, does anyone know how they affect those who already booked the UBP under the "old" terms?

i.e. 15% gratuity not included, price per drink was limited to $8.50, now it's $10, UDP was $49 per day/per person when I booked and it was included. Still valid?

I hate to assume, so I'm asking the question here.

My cruise was booked several months ago. UBP was part of the "perk" when I booked. Since there has been some obvious changes to the UDP since then, does anyone know how they affect those who already booked the UBP under the "old" terms?

i.e. 15% gratuity not included, price per drink was limited to $8.50, now it's $10, UDP was $49 per day/per person when I booked and it was included. Still valid?

From what I understand people that had already booked the UBP or got it as part of the Ultimate Freesome have not been charged more or had it taken away and have been able to order drinks up to and including the $10 price point.

And drinks of the day are included. And honestly- most bartenders were super cool. Wife had the beer and wine package, and they never blinked when we ordered mixed drinks for her. I just presented my card, and they put both on mine.

So... am I understanding this correctly... you had the Ult Beverage Package and your wife had the Corks and Caps? I thought that we would both have to have the UBP if one did? :confused:

Sara

So... am I understanding this correctly... you had the Ult Beverage Package and your wife had the Corks and Caps? I thought that we would both have to have the UBP if one did? :confused:

Sara

That was my understanding as well. :confused: I thought ALL adults in the cabin had to purchase the UBP.

True....or not true?? :cool:

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ut-oh! :eek: Did you pull it?? :confused:

Just went to use it - again - with DH and got the message that the webpage can not be found :(.

To clarify...the link works - you get the thumbnail version of the workbook with the message it is too large you must choose download or edit. The both give me the message that the webpage can not be found. :cool:

FWIW...it worked beautifully yesterday. :o