Anyone have photos from a HC balcony cabin on the Jade?

TrumpyNor

We have a upcoming cruise in a few days, and today we were assigned our GTY balcony cabin. It is a "HC" cabin that is also accessible for a wheelchair, so the room and bathroom is larger than a regular balcony cabin.

I would love to see some photos of a HC balcony cabin on the Jade just to know what to expect, and have tried to find photos online - but unfortunately without any luck. Hopefully someone among the large CC crowd can help....?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Edited by TrumpyNor

Since no-one seems to have photos of a HC balcony cabin on the Jade, I would also be interested in seeing photos of the same type of cabin from the Gem, Pearl, Jewel or Star - as the cabins across the Jewel class ships are quite similar.

Star and Dawn are sister ships, very similar to Jewel class in many ways but not Jewel class. Try this link:

Thank you for the link - the first video (from the Dawn) didn't show very much from the cabin itself, but the next one was from the Gem, so at least now I know what to expect. :)

I actually know that the Star is a Dawn class and not Jewel class ship, so sorry about the mistake.

I've sailed in accessible balcony cabins on the Gem - can't remember cabin numbers off-hand, but this video is a good representation (although none of my Gem cabins had the little "loveseat" - that was just open floor space as in the Dawn video linked above.

I've sailed in accessible balcony cabins on the Gem - can't remember cabin numbers off-hand, but this video is a good representation (although none of my Gem cabins had the little "loveseat" - that was just open floor space as in the Dawn video linked above.

Thanks for the link.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of the photos I took from our HC balcony cabin #9150 on the Norwegian Jade last week - please feel free to ask additional questions about this stateroom if needed, and I will try to answer them the best I can. I would however like to point out the following:

* King size bed

* Plenty of storage space in the cabin (but not so much in the bathroom, but several large shelves just outside bathroom door)

* Possible to lower mirror in the bathroom if needed - see photo below

* Possible to lower hangers in the closet if needed - see photo below

* Large balcony

* Ramp for wheel chair to get easy access to the balcony

* Floor on balcony side elevated to avoid the threshold

* Electrical door opener for the balcony door - both on the inside and the outside

* "Peephole" in the stateroom door placed in a lower level in addition to the regular one

* Wider entrance door to the cabin - no problem to get access with a wheel chair

HC_9150_Jade.jpg

Bathroom_HC_9150_Jade.jpg

Bathroom_HC_9150_Jade_-_lowering_mirror.jpg

Closet_HC_9150_Jade_-_lowering_hangers.jpg

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/521/Balcony_HC_9150_Jade.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

Here are some of the photos I took from our HC balcony cabin #9150 on the Norwegian Jade last week I would however like to point out the following:

* King size bed

* Plenty of storage space in the cabin (but not so much in the bathroom, but several large shelves just outside bathroom door)

* Possible to lower mirror in the bathroom if needed - see photo below

* Possible to lower hangers in the closet if needed - see photo below

* Large balcony

* Ramp for wheel chair to get easy access to the balcony

* Floor on balcony side elevated to avoid the threshold

* Electrical door opener for the balcony door - both on the inside and the outside

* "Peephole" in the stateroom door placed in a lower level in addition to the regular one

* Wider entrance door to the cabin - no problem to get access with a wheel chair

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/521/Balcony_HC_9150_Jade.jpg

Thanks for sharing the nice photos.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the pictures. Did you find the sofa comfortable? It looks a little deep but pics can be deceiving. How did you like the location? We sailed the Jade shortly after you and loved it. Two weeks onboard was the best vacation ever. Just placed a deposit for another two weeks next summer.

Thanks for the pictures. Did you find the sofa comfortable? It looks a little deep but pics can be deceiving. How did you like the location? We sailed the Jade shortly after you and loved it. Two weeks onboard was the best vacation ever. Just placed a deposit for another two weeks next summer.

The sofa was fine - don't remember any issues with it. Location of the cabin was very good, as it was close to stairs and elevators.