The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

What did you think about Camille Ray in the Q? Did they play just their own music or did they also play current country songs?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

She played a collection of contemporary songs. She would play a set, take a 15 min break, and play a set. Hard to keep people interested and I the room during the breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol

Does the bathroom outlet charge while the lights are out ?

Sufficient low voltage wattage appliances shavers toothbrushes lap tops tablets cell phones should be OK

and of course NO hair dryers irons etc.

Is this the type of ship that requires you to put a card in a slot to energize the outlets ?

Really a bummer when you vacate your cabin all the electric outlets go OFF - What about the one that the

TV is plugged into ?

Everyone has been awesome in critic of the BLISS - hope the feedback reaches NCL headquarters for future

ship builds.

Especial commendation to Bird Travels for your pictures - glad that you are having outstanding weather.

We just use they key to our ore-cruise hotel in the slot.

Bathroom outlet goes off if you turn the bathroom lights off.

Room stewards are instructed to unplug anything they find. Fire hazard. So, even if you leave stuff plugged in and a fake card in the slot, they are suppose to unplug it.

Wow!! Amazing pictures! So beautiful! Did you take those with your phone?

Thanks for the trip report - Bliss isn't on my horizon and have been to Alaska a couple of times but I am so enjoying the info and photos! Thank you for taking the time to share. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Eagle photos are the only ones so far from my Panasonic point-n-shoot. Everything else, so far, is just my phone.

I may have a few more point-n-shoots tomorrow.

Could anyone comment on the excursion that was suppose to go to Tracy's arm and meet up with Bliss later in evening? Did it get cancelled or did it change to Elliot?

That ShoreEx, obviously, will go to Sawyer or Dawes glacier depending on where the ship goes. The ship went to Dawes today, so the ShoreEx went to Dawes

More on that ShoreEx tomorrow.

That ShoreEx, obviously, will go to Sawyer or Dawes glacier depending on where the ship goes. The ship went to Dawes today, so the ShoreEx went to Dawes

More on that ShoreEx tomorrow.

I wonder if it is too late to book this shore excursion for next week? It is no longer available on the website.:( It could be sold out.:loudcry:

I wonder if it is too late to book this shore excursion for next week? It is no longer available on the website.:( It could be sold out.:loudcry:

Dying to hear about that shorex!

Emptynesters, I found as soon as I booked some excursions most of the rest of them disappeared from the website, even though they were still available. If you think you want it, call NCL and ask if it's available, don't wait!

I noticed they had a 'special' comedy show in the main theater last night with the two comedians performing at the Social throughout the cruise on other nights. I was wondering if you know if the show at the Theater by these comedians was different than the show they perform at the Social on other nights.

Actually the Bliss is not the first to have the card to energize the Cabin. Escape is the same way. We were Haven guest on the Escape and they actually provided a blank card that they left in... So we did get to keep power. Other cabins they would pull any cards out if no one was in the room

The idea is too fold. Less chance of an electrical fire and two saves energy and in the ships case less fuel. So do not see them changing back anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes. The card energization started with the Epic 8 years ago and has been on 5 additional new ships since.

I wonder if it is too late to book this shore excursion for next week? It is no longer available on the website. It could be sold out.:

This was one of the best ShoreEx experiences in a long time. If you don’t book, you may miss......

Being the first time you missed an all aboard time and the ship leaves port without you.....

ed3d718e0b75afbb64521eedbfcfc721.heic

A chance to see whales up close and personal....

0f471dc33d7b92a84a5fc9f4251be93b.jpg

d95eedf0cfb3dfbb2bb628026e9cd163.jpg

dbb696624a1620e6f1a0012846b65343.jpg

9d0d2dc00004c3536c6e5b4841361747.jpg

Seeing trees full of bald eagles....

aee800e5cb7b09785f0854ada4d21751.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Encounter a live teddy....

1a28b9dcdae4b03363159103c62eefe4.jpg

Taking selfies with mini icebergs....

f12513eff18524adf9a64377d4c08828.jpg

Reaching out to stone carved by glaciers....

af37cf8c74e1a4e70cf9cfbfb5aa0d79.jpg

Navigating through ice fields and getting up close and personal with a glacier.... (although Wyland is onboard, he hadn’t planned on repairing the hulll art if the Captain scratches it with ice). The ship had to stay 5 miles further back to avoid the heavy ice.

2a5c78285c66e89d260b5b6318f430cf.jpg

Hanging out on the ice with seals....

0e5efdfc94c4573dc8b68a863fc0d3b5.jpg

Although hard to see in this still, on the left side, watching the power Glacier calving...

c986478186223e117850d589180e9b17.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

The sightseeing boat pulled alongside the Bliss at 1:15 and we used the tender entrance to load directly on the boat. (Gangways are being pulled for departure). We emerged from the ice fields at 7:00 pm to rejoin the ship....

d760133928a2e79027519aa472f41c9e.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

I saw the photo of the bear - where was that? did you get to see that on your excursion? Will you remind me what excursion that was? JUST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PHOTOS!!!!

The tour operators were constantly looking for wildlife. The bear was along shore eating berries. Unlike the Bliss, we could stop and take some photos. We saw a couple of bears. Once the salmon start running, there will be a lot more bears on the shore feeding.

The tour operators were constantly looking for wildlife. The bear was along shore eating berries. Unlike the Bliss, we could stop and take some photos. We saw a couple of bears. Once the salmon start running, there will be a lot more bears on the shore feeding.

What excursion was this and did you book through NCL? I'm sailing this time next year so it might be rare that I see a bear :( but I really want to.

What excursion was this and did you book through NCL? I'm sailing this time next year so it might be rare that I see a bear :( but I really want to.

This was the NCL Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer Cruise that a couple of people asked about on this thread.

Warm, heated interior cabin. Free snacks and coffees. Food and drink for purchase. Ample outside deck space to get those bear photos.

For one of the drinks, the crew fished up some glacier ice and made margaritas ($8).

• Like 2

Dying to hear about that shorex!

Emptynesters, I found as soon as I booked some excursions most of the rest of them disappeared from the website, even though they were still available. If you think you want it, call NCL and ask if it's available, don't wait!

Thanks Erdoran, i called and it is full- I will be on a waiting list- with fingers crossed!

This was the NCL Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer Cruise that a couple of people asked about on this thread.

Warm, heated interior cabin. Free snacks and coffees. Food and drink for purchase. Ample outside deck space to get those bear photos.

For one of the drinks, the crew fished up some glacier ice and made margaritas ($8).

Thank you for re-posting! I knew it was mentioned but I'm following 2 of you and you were the one that posted GREAT photos - I should have went back to re-read, sorry for the double post:)