Snorkelling -

Djsmrs

We will be in St. Thomas Dec 5, 2018 and my 10 year old is dying to find some good snorkelling. I was looking at a beach day at Magen’s - but it seems there isn’t much snorkelling there.

Any thoughts? I’ve only been to St. Thomas once and said 10 year old was 9 months at the time. Coki beach seems to be the winner - is it easy to get to? I know it tends to be “group” taxis in St. Thomas - and I’m always paranoid about missing the boat! Having said that I temd To be averse to organized excursions. 🤦*♀️

We’re not fussy about a lot of amenities at the beach as we will probably head back into town for lunch after a couple hours In the water with the kids.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Djsmrs
To change details

Coki is nice but not great snorkeling. From what I have read, it is better than the others. We've been to Coki several times. My wife relaxes on the beach while I snorkel. The main area to snorkel is to the right as you stand on the beach. Coral World is right there and that is where they do their helmet dives. You will see many different fish and conch, maybe a stingray as it is a beach with a sandy bottom. With that being said, the water and view can be spectacular and is the real reason we go. There are people there to rent beach chairs from, and to order drinks and food. You can catch a shuttle bus from the port. I forget what the rate is. We plan to go there again on our cruise in October.

Coki is nice but not great snorkeling. From what I have read, it is better than the others. We've been to Coki several times. My wife relaxes on the beach while I snorkel. The main area to snorkel is to the right as you stand on the beach. Coral World is right there and that is where they do their helmet dives. You will see many different fish and conch, maybe a stingray as it is a beach with a sandy bottom. With that being said, the water and view can be spectacular and is the real reason we go. There are people there to rent beach chairs from, and to order drinks and food. You can catch a shuttle bus from the port. I forget what the rate is. We plan to go there again on our cruise in October.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Coki is actually an amazing place to snorkel. We have been twice and went snorkeling and scuba diving. You'll find some beautiful coral and tons of fish right by the shore and along both sides. We found it to be awesome each time. I have 2 reviews of our days there in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures if you are interested.