Meet & Mingle Door Signs

Don't put the magnets on your door from the M&M party- Someone stole mine off the door- what a looser- they should of been at our party and gotten their own!

I never put the M&M signs outside our door. They do tend to grow legs and wander away. They go on a door at home or on the side of the refrigerator for fond memories. You also should remove the door sign before the last day of the cruise, as that is when that one disappears or is written on. On the last ship we sailed on people had blank board markers on the door with their location on the ship they were heading for. Also Shhhh... baby is sleeping. Pretty cute and useful when with a group.

Irene & Miles

Howdy, friends and neighbors, Bassnote_1 here with an updated link to some door signs. Both of the free hosting sites are (or have) shut down or go to a pay by the month feature. Being cheap, I've moved them to a folder provided by my ISP that should remain functional as long as I do! Given the current state of things, that particular number is also declining.

Anyway, here is the new location: Door Signs! The actual URL is very long and complicated or I'd post the whole thing.

Anyway, there are three signs in there. One is a custom sign I made for a friends upcoming 10-4 Southern Caribbean on the Adventure of the Seas. The other two are the Original CruiseCritic.com sign and a new and improved Version.

All three have a text box added to them that you can type whatever data you'd like to share (remember, even creepy stalkers take cruises, too). You may need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to make the magic work, but that is free for the taking from here. If you are having any troubles downloading the sign or whatever, just contact me via email and I'll send you the bloomin' thing! :D

Anyway, enjoy your upcoming cruises (you lucky dogs, you) and have a great day!

Howdy, friends and neighbors, Bassnote_1 here with an updated link to some door signs. Both of the free hosting sites are (or have) shut down or go to a pay by the month feature. Being cheap, I've moved them to a folder provided by my ISP that should remain functional as long as I do! Given the current state of things, that particular number is also declining.

Anyway, here is the new location: Door Signs! Anyway, there are three signs in there. One is a custom sign I made for a friends upcoming 10-4 Southern Caribbean on the Adventure of the Seas. The other two are the Original CruiseCritic.com sign and a new and improved Version.

All three have a text box added to them that you can type whatever data you'd like to share (remember, even creepy stalkers take cruises, too). You may need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to make the magic work, but that is free for the taking from here. If you are having any troubles downloading the sign or whatever, just contact me via email and I'll send you the bloomin' thing! :D Anyway, enjoy your upcoming cruises (you lucky dogs, you) and have a great day!

Bassnote! You are the best:D Awsome job! And our 'cruise crew'

thanks you!

Kate

P.S. Check your email, lol:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kate I love your clipart.. on that one picture it put up on the bottom right.. Would you tell me where yougot it from or the site. We are trying to make are own carnival one up. Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I also make up my door signs out of scrapbook supplies and my cricut. I never put my original work on the door,I make copies and keep the originil for my scrapbook. I have had folks( probably kids) rip them off of the door. I can pop a fresh one on the door when it goes missing.

• 1 month later...
I have only cruised once about 10 yrs ago, so consider me a newbie! Is there a reason for the door signs other than just fun to put up? I am planning ot register for our M&M as well...

I think is serves several purposes: 1) let's other M&M folks know where you are 2) puts an advert out for Cruisecritic.com and 3) identifies you by your screen name.

And I think at little bit because it is fun. :)

• 2 months later...
I made my own door sign w/magnetic paper from Staples. Just with our name, town and state and cruise critic name. Does any one know if the magnetic paper will stick to the doors on Royal Car. Serenade?

My hubby thinks it is silly. I am taking it anyway. I also made up a business card with our name and email. Last cruise we kept talking about exchanging info but never actually did it.

We've used business cards for years now. And have gotten others in return so we know we are not totally nutz.

I also make up my door signs out of scrapbook supplies and my cricut. I never put my original work on the door,I make copies and keep the originil for my scrapbook. I have had folks( probably kids) rip them off of the door. I can pop a fresh one on the door when it goes missing.

These days I copy the original onto heavy weight stock and then laminate them. I usually make them all for all of our group. ( and name tags also) It helps to make this all more fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I wanted to bring over the post from the old boards with the file I made that you can use to print your name on these door signs:

Well, I seem to be a sucker for something the least bit geeky... You can download this rtf file which should open up into Microsoft Word just fine. There is a text box in the right place (at least for my printer) with a dummy screen name that you can change to yours.

Laura, please feel free to take this file and move it to the cruisecritic web space if you like.

You may be able to open it with a direct click, or if not, then try right clicking on the link and doing a "Save As" to your local hard drive.

Cruise Critic Sign Name

If the position is wrong on your printer, click near the name so you can see the borders of the text box, then right-click on the border and edit the properties. There should be a "Position" tab which you can adjust to tweak the final location. Hopefully it will work fine for most if not everyone, just as it is.

Theron

clicking on sign name link takes you to a dead link on AOL.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anyone out there going to be on the Freedom of the Seas on Dec 19th? I am a single mother of two who is interested in making friends with someone new.

I am from West Florida (Sarasota) and searching for possible new friends or someone to chat with on the cruise. If interested, please email llm72@live.com.

Lauren

Is there anyone out there going to be on the Freedom of the Seas on Dec 19th? I am a single mother of two who is interested in making friends with someone new.

I am from West Florida (Sarasota) and searching for possible new friends or someone to chat with on the cruise. If interested, please email llm72@live.com.

Lauren

Hi Lauren, Have you tried posting this in the roll call thread for your Dec 19th cruise on these boards? You might get more responses! :)

You'll be able to chat with people on your cruise! Have fun!! Oh and you can register for the meet and mingle for your cruise too! Look at the upper right corner of this web page for meet and mingle instructions.