oasis close up as possible

I am currently in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days and going to be on Oasis in about 6 weeks. Here for a few days with some children and family members. I know we cannot get into the Port, but is there a good place to go to see Oasis close up ? We are staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach. I guess we can walk the beach down to the breakwater. Is there a road that leads there ? I know I could post this on the Florida ports section, but felt I could get more responses on the RCCL Community. Thanks Gerry

If you look on this map

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/26.0884695,-80.1205015/26.0955226,-80.1092577/@26.0955969,-80.1143161,15z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

I have put a route on just to get some markers. Oasis uses terminal 18 which is centre bottom (shown as 1899 SE 30th St). All that Eisenhower Blvd area is within the port, so no good. Your best bet is when she leaves around 5pm. Lots of people line the shore along SE 21 St and on the beach the north side of the Stranahan River. As your hotel is just at the top of the map, your best bet is probably to walk down the beach to riverside when she is departing.

Simon

If you look on this map

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/26.0884695,-80.1205015/26.0955226,-80.1092577/@26.0955969,-80.1143161,15z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

I have put a route on just to get some markers. Oasis uses terminal 18 which is centre bottom (shown as 1899 SE 30th St). All that Eisenhower Blvd area is within the port, so no good. Your best bet is when she leaves around 5pm. Lots of people line the shore along SE 21 St and on the beach the north side of the Stranahan River. As your hotel is just at the top of the map, your best bet is probably to walk down the beach to riverside when she is departing.

Simon

Thanks for your effort Simon. Sounds like the best plan. Then heading out to an Oyster House for supper. Thanks Gerry

FYI we stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach this past April (post Celebrity cruise). The restaurant at the pool is surprisingly good for dinner. Sit outside on the deck, they have to keep the lights low due to being in a turtle sanctuary.

FYI we stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach this past April (post Celebrity cruise). The restaurant at the pool is surprisingly good for dinner. Sit outside on the deck, they have to keep the lights low due to being in a turtle sanctuary.

Yes, the restaurant is called Sea Level. Had lunch there a couple of times and it was very good. That is correct about the sea turtles. Learned a bit about them. The conservation people surround the "nests" with yellow tape to keep people away. Also at night we walked on the beach and many people used flashlights to try and see the turtles, some conservation people there explained the lights caused problems, only to use infrared lighting. Do not touch a baby if it moves toward shore and not back into the ocean, call 911. Interesting. Some people recently destroyed some nests and baby turtles... big mistake, they should and do take the prosecution of these "fools" seriously. Now.... many people have cruised on the Oasis and seen it close up, but maybe have never seen it from shore moving past. Wow ! From our balcony 1/4 mile away at the Marriott Harbor Beach when Oasis moved out past the breakwaters, WHAT A SIGHT !!! THAT GIRL IS HUGE !!! Going to be on her 6 weeks from now. Can't wait. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Yes, the restaurant is called Sea Level. Had lunch there a couple of times and it was very good. That is correct about the sea turtles. Learned a bit about them. The conservation people surround the "nests" with yellow tape to keep people away. Also at night we walked on the beach and many people used flashlights to try and see the turtles, some conservation people there explained the lights caused problems, only to use infrared lighting. Do not touch a baby if it moves toward shore and not back into the ocean, call 911. Interesting. Some people recently destroyed some nests and baby turtles... big mistake, they should and do take the prosecution of these "fools" seriously. Now.... many people have cruised on the Oasis and seen it close up, but maybe have never seen it from shore moving past. Wow ! From our balcony 1/4 mile away at the Marriott Harbor Beach when Oasis moved out past the breakwaters, WHAT A SIGHT !!! THAT GIRL IS HUGE !!! Going to be on her 6 weeks from now. Can't wait. Gerry

Enjoy your cruise.

I am currently in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days and going to be on Oasis in about 6 weeks. Here for a few days with some children and family members. I know we cannot get into the Port, but is there a good place to go to see Oasis close up ? We are staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach. I guess we can walk the beach down to the breakwater. Is there a road that leads there ? I know I could post this on the Florida ports section, but felt I could get more responses on the RCCL Community. Thanks Gerry

You're better off walking if you're able to walk, and only a 1/4 mile from the jetty. Parking is slim on or near Ocean L. There is a metered spot nearby, but maybe 10 or 15 spots.

Tom