Sol y Mar

c-leg5

any reviews for Sol y Mar? I understand it is a newish Beach Club in Sandy Bay.

I have stayed very close to this place, paddled up and down the reef and played in the mangroves with a kayak. He says they offer snorkeling which would be good.

The problem with Sandy Bay is the very shallow murky water for some distance out, it is not a swimmable beach. If you are looking for sand, view, quiet and a snorkeling tour. Much of Sandy Bay sand is hard packed, I can not tell if this beach is fluffy and soft or other.

There are also several reviews on TA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292019-d12967457-r548514622-Sol_Y_Mar_Beach_Resort-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

I have stayed very close to this place, paddled up and down the reef and played in the mangroves with a kayak. He says they offer snorkeling which would be good.

The problem with Sandy Bay is the very shallow murky water for some distance out, it is not a swimmable beach. If you are looking for sand, view, quiet and a snorkeling tour. Much of Sandy Bay sand is hard packed, I can not tell if this beach is fluffy and soft or other.

There are also several reviews on TA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292019-d12967457-r548514622-Sol_Y_Mar_Beach_Resort-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Thanks I had seen the links.

Since you are familiar with the area, do you know how far this is from Rum factory? Are we going to need our own driver for the day or take their transport? Do you know where Pirate Bay is on same stretch of beach? (The only place I can find is Pirates View holiday rental.)

Thanks I had seen the links.

Since you are familiar with the area, do you know how far this is from Rum factory? Are we going to need our own driver for the day or take their transport? Do you know where Pirate Bay is on same stretch of beach? (The only place I can find is Pirates View holiday rental.)

I do not but will attempt to find some info.

You might also post of the Trip Advisor Roatan forum, some of the members live on the island, they may have seen signs.

Sandy Bay seems huge to me, miles even.

Ya might also contact a few the tour operators, the private drivers sure would know where all the attractions are.

You might also post of the Trip Advisor Roatan forum, some of the members live on the island, they may have seen signs.

Sandy Bay seems huge to me, miles even.

Ya might also contact a few the tour operators, the private drivers sure would know where all the attractions are.

thanks i'll keep asking and looking. I have a few weeks.