Anyone know if the Carnival Legend made its stop to Roatan today?

maxamuus

There were reports that the Valor skipped Roatan on Wednesday due to Civil unrest. This would be the next scheduled arrival.

Just worried we might loose another port next week. Already lost Cozumel due to the bacon flu. :mad:

There were reports that the Valor skipped Roatan on Wednesday due to Civil unrest. This would be the next scheduled arrival.

Just worried we might loose another port next week. Already lost Cozumel due to the bacon flu. :mad:

Someone is posting on Carnivals board that they are on the Legend Right now and that they did not stop in Roatan today because of the unrest:mad:

Not acceptable:mad:

Not a happy cruiser :(

Next year, I am taking my money and flying to Jamaica like I keep saying every year but then I give in to taking a cruise because of the rates. Well the rates are not worth 2 ports!

What did you read on Carnival's website? I am looking now but not seeing anything.

On Carnivalconnections someone on the ship posted a thread (click on legend threads) that they didnt stop today and the carnival gave them another $20 for a total of $40 credit.:(

On Carnivalconnections someone on the ship posted a thread (click on legend threads) that they didnt stop today and the carnival gave them another $20 for a total of $40 credit.:(

Actually it is not a credit, but instead refund of port charges.

If they are going to continue to miss this port...I would like to know ahead of time..as all of you. Missing this port will be a deal breaker for us if they announce something official....

Think of all the people that do not know about cruise critic..and have no idea what is going on right now

We sail in in June.. Hoping the 'unrest' has disappeared by then, and the ship is able to dock!:) Would be very unhappy to lose Roatan..

COZ is gone, too.. Thinking I may have to 'take the cruise credit' they offered for missing COZ, and look for an alternative ship..:( Hmm.m.m.... Not many choices out of Tampa tho'..:o

Thinking I may have to 'take the cruise credit' they offered for missing COZ, and look for an alternative ship..:(

Had i know about this on Monday i would have done just that. I can hope things will die down by 05/13 when we dock.

I would think that this REALLY hurts the islands economy to loose the cruise $$$$$.

If they are going to continue to miss this port...I would like to know ahead of time..as all of you. Missing this port will be a deal breaker for us if they announce something official....

Think of all the people that do not know about cruise critic..and have no idea what is going on right now

This might be a deal breaker for us too. However, if they don't announce until we're ON the ship, we'll be stuck with their $20 p/p. When they changed from Cozumel to Roatan I was happy, not because I love Roatan, we've been there several times and have just about run out of things to do, but I just did not want three at-sea days in a row.

However, if they don't announce until we're ON the ship, we'll be stuck with their $20 p/p.

That is what will make me upset. Civil Unrest isnt something they can control, but they know now a week before our stop their is a problem.

We can do 2 days in Grand Cayman or two in Belize but if they announce Wendsday "due to a unforseen problem we wont be porting in Roatan and you get a fun day at sea" i will be upset because its not unforseen they know a week in advance.

This might be a deal breaker for us too. However, if they don't announce until we're ON the ship, we'll be stuck with their $20 p/p. When they changed from Cozumel to Roatan I was happy, not because I love Roatan, we've been there several times and have just about run out of things to do, but I just did not want three at-sea days in a row.
At least we would still have Belize and Grand Cayman, but I normally view GC as a 'relax on the ship' day!:rolleyes:

That would take me down to ONE port-of-call.. :eek: Might actually have to get off the ship in Grand Cayman and stroll around..;):)

roatan is the port ive been looking forward to most! i too would be upset if they said they didn't foresee this and just made another sea day.

maybe someone should call or send a letter now to inform them? that way they cant claim it was unforeseen...?

clearly they know about it if theyve been not docking though. i wonder if they will address this on their website as well...

we're stuck since there isnt another week we can go, and our flights are nonrefundable but i'll be pretty upset if we dont make it there and have another sea day. i know it's not carnival's fault, but i think it would turn us off from cruising for a while in general, and possibly the caribbean in general. our next trip is to italy... not a cruise

anyone know what other cruiselines are doing about roatan?

We do not sail on the Legend till late August so I hope all this with Cozumel and Roatan is settled. I do realize that Carnival wants safety for its passengers but when you book your cruise with certain destinations in mind and this is your big vacation for the year, it is VERY disappointing!

Most likely the ship and Carnival is heeding the State Department's travel advisory. So if that's on a day-to-day status, then the ship may not know until it gets to the port.:( However, if there's a time line on the advisory, then Carnival should step up and reschedule/ extend other port stays or do more than just the $40 OBC for 2 port fees for all passengers! Unfortunately, those of us due to travel soon will probably have to wait until Wednesday, the 13th, to see if the Valor goes to port.

I hate this. I am holding out on booking Legend for July because of Cozumel and now this. I know we are supposed to cruise for the ship and all that, but honestly, I get a little antsy with too many days w/out land. Of course I want my cake and to eat it too, because I want to book when I can still get the $240 credit this weekend. ;)

Hey, guys...

I just asked a friend at Carnival if he can provide any info about Roatan and upcoming itineraries...

I'll post as soon as I hear something...

Mach

Thanks Mach. You Rock! Hey look at that i rhythm.

I wish they would go back to Costa Maya. Even though Rotan is nice it's a dive this was the only port where most of the street vendors asked if we want to buy drugs and the kids kept asking for $ to take our photo. The beach is real nice but not a place to go out on your own. We didn't feel safe when we went in 2007

Mike

I wish they would go back to Costa Maya. Even though Rotan is nice it's a dive this was the only port where most of the street vendors asked if we want to buy drugs and the kids kept asking for $ to take our photo. The beach is real nice but not a place to go out on your own. We didn't feel safe when we went in 2007

Mike

DW and I went to Roatan last May and had a blast at the beach. Never felt harrassed or unsafe.

Here is the reply i got from the email i sent to Fins and Flippers -

Max-

Yes we did have some protesting on Wed. and yes the Carnival Valor did

cancel their stop here. All is well and over with as of Thurs.

I would assume that they will be stopping here next week since

everything is back to normal. I have not heard anything other wise as

of Friday.

Hope to see you on Wed.

Cindy

Wonder why the Legend canceled if everything is "back to normal"

Archived