Private taxi vs tour

rl2knot1

Bookmarking this thread. There will be 5 of us and there's a few things I would like to do. Don't really need a tour. 2 of us have been to St. Thomas several times. Too early to contact him now. Trip is in August. Thanks for the information bluewater. Always so helpful regarding info about St. Thomas.

Bookmarking this thread. There will be 5 of us and there's a few things I would like to do. Don't really need a tour. 2 of us have been to St. Thomas several times. Too early to contact him now. Trip is in August. Thanks for the information bluewater. Always so helpful regarding info about St. Thomas.

Sure thing, and there are many other helpful folks here of course, we just enjoyed Stanley's services on an earlier visit. But yes, as long as Stanley is offering his services that's a great alternative. He can tailor something to fit your needs and those in your group visiting for the first time. Perhaps drop you at a spot you like while showing the island highlights to the rest of the group.

• 1 month later...
Hi does anyone have a current phone number for Stanley. I called athe number on page 1 and got a recording that says number is unassigned!? Help please

We took our tour with Stanley & we were very disappointed. We did see some good picture taking spots, etc. but we did not even get to Blackbeard's Castle. He said something about the ferry to St John's. We though we would be on the ferry - but all he did was point to it as we drove by.

He told us we would stop at a place for lunch with "local food" We were there for 1 1/2 hours. food was less than "OK" & hardly local - club sandwich & burgers. Service was terrible & VERY SLOW..(there was only one other table occupied when we were there) Turned out his son owned the restaurant. that stop for lunch - when we were not even hungry was a waste of time. On the phone he gave me one price - but at the end of the tour he gave us a higher price. VERY disappointed - Stanley was a nice guy but spoke very softly & we could barely hear him. gave no history of the city, etc. I am afraid that Stanley may be getting on in years and not able to give the tours he used to give.

Sorry I booked with Stanley - & would not recommend him.

MS411 - Can't remember the name, but it was a resort & restaurant. Wish we had told him that it was too early for our lunch - ship time was an hour earlier than his time - so we were not ready for lunch. Would have rather had lunch in town after he dropped us off. there are several little alleys with nice shops & restaurants. There was a local place Gladys' restaurant that looked nice.