Anyone wish for a regular ocean suite insted of a junior suite? (Conquest Class)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:21 AM.
1,659 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Situation is this: We have a junior suite (1st ever suite) for our upcoming cruise on the Glory. Found out that Captain's suite has line of sight to cabin/balcony and not sure how much of problem that will be.

We can switch to ocean suite for almost same price. Layout seems very comparable, so asking if anyone who has had experience with a Conquest class ship's junior suite liked it or would have preferred a regular ocean suite.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/11/05 - Carnival Miracle - 1st Cruise!!! (5 stars)
12/10/06 - Carnival Destiny - Family Cruise (4 stars)
1/17/09 - RCCL Serenade of the Seas - Family Cruise (5 stars)
4/17/15 - Carnival Valor - Family Cruise (5 stars)
4/24/16 - Carnival Conquest - Couples Cruise (4 stars)
4/22/17 - Carnival Vista - Couples Cruise (5 stars)
4/21/18 - Carnival Glory - Family Cruise (5 stars)

90 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Keys2Heaven
Situation is this: We have a junior suite (1st ever suite) for our upcoming cruise on the Glory. Found out that Captain's suite has line of sight to cabin/balcony and not sure how much of problem that will be.

We can switch to ocean suite for almost same price. Layout seems very comparable, so asking if anyone who has had experience with a Conquest class ship's junior suite liked it or would have preferred a regular ocean suite.
Just off the Glory (December 2 - 9, 2017). We had both Junior Suites (9205 & 9206) on the Lido Deck. Yes, the Captain's Suite has a direct line of sight. It wasn't a problem for us ... and honestly, they were facing forward most of the time (so the problem was more us looking past them to get a view).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Trying something different for Christmas 2018 ....
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 12/23/2018 aboard the Carnival Horizon! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

December 2, 2017 - Western Caribbean Cruise

November 15, 2014 - Caribbean Birthday Cruise aboard the Carnival Paradise

November 24, 2013 - Thanksgiving Cruise to the Bahamas
Ohio
202 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
As long as you don’t plan on sitting naked on your balcony, I wouldn’t imagine there’d be a problem .

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Conquest, June 2017
Carnival Conquest, January 2017
Carnival Splendor, September 2015
Carnival Sunshine, January 2015
Carnival Holiday, January 2008
Carnival Glory, March, 2007
1,659 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by 7upp
As long as you don’t plan on sitting naked on your balcony, I wouldn’t imagine there’d be a problem .

Sent from my iPad using Forums
You got me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Texas
4,931 Posts
Joined May 2000
Yes, the Captain's suite has a direct line of sight, but we actually got to know the people staying in the Captain's suite next to us and they invited us over for cocktails several times during the cruise.

We prefer the location of the JS on Lido deck compared to the OS on Empress deck. Much more convenient to the Lido and Serenity. A JS on Conquest class is our preferred cabin type.
23,645 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Keys2Heaven

I would switch fast.
1,659 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by riclop
I would switch fast.
We did switch this morning. But curious as to what you meant.

Even though we are not anti-social people, she really didn't like the aspect of someone having direct line of sight into our balcony/cabin. Managed to find a YT video which showed the Captain's suite on the Glory that is right in front of 9205. The person recording managed to pan around the balcony and she could see how clearly visible the 9205's balcony/cabin is. Once she saw that she said 'no!'

We are almost always on deck 7, so this switch is just fine for us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature