Solstice Accessible Sky Suite 2134

dmccue

Just thought I would post some pics of the bathroom in our Sky Suite 2134 on Celebrity Solstice for others trying to make decisions on cabin selection for wheelchair type scenarios.

Huge amount of room within the cabin for turning, getting in/out of bed etc and the bathroom was excellent.

2itst45.jpg[

vq2wit.jpg[

ev2v4m.jpg[

Edited by dmccue

thanks for posting.

I had considered a sky suite for our upcoming Equinox cruise but got a great price on a CC cabin, that it didn't make financial sense.

But the upgrade is still at the back of my mind.....;)

These are not my pics as I can't find my cabin photos amongst the hundreds of pics I took but I found these on the cruise critic web page and they most accurately reflect this cabin.(2134).

As to water coming out of the shower - we did not experience any issues either with the curtain open or closed.

Plus I have found another pic of the toilet that I have added

fp2vzd.jpg[5nm0k3.jpg2cp2rup.jpg11snucp.jpg

24xj2pu.jpg

Edited by dmccue
Add pic found

Does the water still come out into the room while showering? Thanks for the pictures.

I was also in that cabin and they put a small metal strip on the floor, which stops the water from going out into the rest of the bathroom.

I will caution anyone who is considering booking any cabin on deck 12, unless you're hard of hearing, DO NOT book those cabins, especially the accessible sky suites and the adjoining cabins on that deck. Because the location of those suites are directly below the galley of the buffet, the noise that starts every night at midnight, and continues until 6am, will keep you awake every night. In all my cruises, that was the worst cabin I've ever been in. It sounded like a freight train was going through my cabin because of the rolling of the huge carts that are used to wash all the dishes, pots and silverware. I called every night to complain about the noise, and I finally spoke to the cruise director who admitted that the cabins on deck 12 were a design flaw and never should have been built. And it's a shame because those accessible sky suites are very nicely appointed.

Yeah we had the metal strip (as per pic) so obviously that was the fix.

Re the noise.........I had read about this prior to our cruise and yes I did hear it but not quite to the extremity that has been described. Each to their own but once we got used to it, it didn't bother us and certainly not enough to ring and complain or put us off another cruise in the same cabin.

I know from having stayed in accessible rooms in resorts we normally get the worst situated room with the worst view as most resorts must think that because you are disabled that you must be blind or don't want to be treated equal so I guess we have become accustomed to some quirks when ever we travel and just go with the flow as getting stressed about it just ruins the reason you are there in the first place - to relax.

I heard stories from friends on the same cruise that were under the pool deck in Aqua Class (Deck 11) and they said that they could hear the deck chairs being dragged across the pool deck by pax and when the deck was cleaned so I guess everyone has to remember that there will be certain levels of noise at certain points of the ship.

Thanks for the pictures and comments. We will be in a cabin on that floor for a month and, I guess we'll learn to keep wax in our ears, if necessary. I'm just planning on enjoying a warm relaxing month. The pictures show that we can do it.

Thank you for the pictures. I wanted to be sure there was a full size couch. Loved the SS so am hoping this one helps my elderly mother and my sister with MS enjoy the cruise. ...even if it is noisy :D