Tropicana or Cabaret Parisien?

pamrose228

I am so lost. Going to Havana during a New Years cruise and will be there overnight. Want to see one of the shows and both the Tropicana and Cabaret Parisien come up as ones must see. Here is a comparison of Both

Trop: Very large and elaborate, cost high around $85 pp. Very Vegas like but spectacular

CP: Smaller scale in the Hotel National de Cuba, buffet dinner and show $45 pp. The grounds are suppose to be stunning and on a Saturday night many other things are going on at the Hotel.

I just dont know half the cost with dinner sounds appealing but I want to see the pagentry of Tropicana.

Please help if you've seen both or one.

TIA

I was struggling with the same question. We saw Tropicana. It was an amazing venue- but honestly was not "our thing." And really- I should have known that would be the case. I at least appreciated the production value- but it was pure torture for my musical hating husband. If you love a big production, you will likely love Tropicana. I can't speak to the other option personally, but someone on the ship "hated it" for many of the same reasons we did not love Tropicana. On the other hand, another woman who was of Cuban origins absolutely loved the Hotel Parisien show- saying it was all the songs she remembered and loved from her childhood.

I am so lost. Going to Havana during a New Years cruise and will be there overnight. Want to see one of the shows and both the Tropicana and Cabaret Parisien come up as ones must see. Here is a comparison of Both

Trop: Very large and elaborate, cost high around $85 pp. Very Vegas like but spectacular

CP: Smaller scale in the Hotel National de Cuba, buffet dinner and show $45 pp. The grounds are suppose to be stunning and on a Saturday night many other things are going on at the Hotel.

I just dont know half the cost with dinner sounds appealing but I want to see the pagentry of Tropicana.

Please help if you've seen both or one.

TIA

I haven't been there however previewed the shows on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tropicana+show+havana

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hotel+Parisien+havana+show

I read that Hotel Parisien is indoors. Smoking is not allowed.

The Tropicana and Parisien are throwbacks to the time of the American mafia in Havana. The several Buena Vista Social Club shows are authentic Cuban music of a different era. In addition, there are many other music venues in Havana that play various styles of Cuban music, contemporary, jazz, and traditional, in matinees and evening performances. http://www.lahabana.com is a good resource for music venues. Most Cuban bands/singers/shows you may come across can bee previewed in YouTube videos.

• 3 weeks later...

We did not see either show, but the Hotel Nacional de Cuba is a sight to see in itself. We watched the sunset over the Malecon on their outdoor patio area. They had musicians playing also. The main dining room is beautiful. The hotel and grounds are stunning !

On our upcoming November cruise we chose a Saturday night at the Buena Vista Social Club at the Habana Cafe.

I changed my mind. We will go to the Hotel Nacional and see the Cabaret Parisien on our upcoming trip. I want to see the hotel, and that makes it a double treat for me, as we only have one night in Havana, and I think this will make better use of our time.

I changed my mind. We will go to the Hotel Nacional and see the Cabaret Parisien on our upcoming trip. I want to see the hotel, and that makes it a double treat for me, as we only have one night in Havana, and I think this will make better use of our time.

That's why we chose to go to the Parisien and it was less expensive.