Future cruise credit for cancelled Fascination Oct cruises

Littleclover

Has anyone taken advantage of the future cruise credit for the cancelled Oct Fascination sailings from SJ? How long did it take to get the credit returned to you? I submitted the form but there was no confirmation information or email that the form was accepted. Of course I'll be calling Carnival tomorrow but wanted to hear of some experiences. Thanks in advance

We were to be on the Dec 10th Fascination cruise. The day after Carnival cancelled all the cruises, I got a call from my PVP and she transfered all monies, including throwing in the discount to a different cruise the same week and it was all settled in a matter of hours.

Airfare was almost as simple, as we booked seperately though Delta and United. Got a credit from Delta for a future flight and re-booked United for the new cruise, with no fees for either.

We (11) were to be on the Fascination over Thanksgiving. We paid in full with gift cards. Never again. We were rebooked in three days after cancellation on the Vista. We were supposedly given a discount. I say supposedly as we leave in three days and one room of the three has not been paid for yet. One department cannot talk to another to transfer gift card monies to finish payment. I have been told as of last Saturday that payment will be finalizes as of Thursday, two days before we cruise. The money we should get back in not available yet, no idea of how much, when and how. Also, the three Grand Suites are now three rooms, not suites in different areas. More to come as we get info.

We were to be on the Dec 10th Fascination cruise. The day after Carnival cancelled all the cruises, I got a call from my PVP and she transfered all monies, including throwing in the discount to a different cruise the same week and it was all settled in a matter of hours.

Airfare was almost as simple, as we booked seperately though Delta and United. Got a credit from Delta for a future flight and re-booked United for the new cruise, with no fees for either.

I received my refund of the original cruise, Oct 15th, within two weeks. We were given 100% future cruise credit and had to submit a form for the return. It's only up the amount of our original cruise. Calling Carnival today to find out and will post back.

I curious as well. I had my pvp submit mine about four weeks ago. I emailed him when it didn't post after two weeks. He said it can take a while. I wonder if I should resubmit it myself

I would call back. I just spoke to customer service and she was able to tell me the form was received and the credit should be reflected within 72. After that the refund should process in 7-10 days. I'll double check on Thursday since Friday is the deadline for re-booking just to be sure for my own peace of mind.

On my previous post, I forgot to mention that I was to have all three rooms done and paperwork in my hands by today, November 15th. Not there. I called Carnival but since I booked with a travel agent, they cannot help me. Or as I think, will not help me. Less than 64 hours away and a brick wall from Carnival.

That's why it is important to have a PVP. There is no extra cost for their service. In fact. they can even find you a better deal from time to time.

My PVP took care of all the paperwork or forms and I did nothig but pick out another cruise we wanted to go on. It was all taken care of in a matter of hours. Got full credit applied to new cruise along with 25% discount of old cruise applied to new cruise. No forms to fill out. No waiting for a credit.

If you are in need of a PVP, email me and I can pass on a good name. rrnewman75@gmail.com

Has anyone taken advantage of the future cruise credit for the cancelled Oct Fascination sailings from SJ? How long did it take to get the credit returned to you? I submitted the form but there was no confirmation information or email that the form was accepted. Of course I'll be calling Carnival tomorrow but wanted to hear of some experiences. Thanks in advance

I got a call from my PVP a few days after my cruise on the Fascination was canceled. I returned her call and set up a replacement cruise. I never had to fill out any forms for reimbursement; the credit was applied to the price of the new cruise. The refund for the money I paid for the Fascination cruise took about 2 weeks to get to me as a credit on the CC I originally used.

I paid for our Dec 10 Fascination via gift cards. The day the Fascination was announced as cancelled I bought a bunch more gift cards and booked a different cruise leaving Dec 2. Within 2 weeks I had the full refund from the Fascination in my hand in the form of a gift card.

The future cruise credit was separate and I have a thread on here detailing my experience with that. I called yesterday and they finally processed it while I was on the phone. Otherwise it had been over a month since I filed the paperwork.