Different shore excursions for same cruise itinerary in different months?

MaC410

I'm looking at the Royal Caribbean 12 day Mediterranean Venice cruise in May of next year. I was looking at the shore excursions and some of the ports do not have any listed, (Nice, Naples (Salerno) yet the same itinerary next month on the same cruise line has many different excursions. Does the cruise line update them as months go by? I am hesitant to book a cruise and then find out that for example there is not an excursion to go to Pompeii. This is my first time cruising so I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before committing.

Typically you'll start to see a more comprehensive list of excursions around 6 months out from the cruise. They usually add excursions after that point as well. If you're looking for an excursion to a popular spot like Pompeii - there will be excursions. Will they be exactly the same as next month - hard to say as it depends in part on the companies they outsource the excursions to. Will they be similar - yes. Also I recommend checking the ports of call boards as there will be good recommendations for private tour companies who should be able to confirm their offerings this far out.

Excursions can also differ due to how much time you are in port and how many other ships are there. Day of the week and local holidays can also affect what is offered. We've booked tours a year in advance or not until four months - it really varies all over the place.

If you look at shore excursions by port, without looking specifically at one cruise, you can get an idea of what is likely to be offered before they show up on your cruise.

I will agree with the other posters, that you will likely see mor excursions about 6 months out. Shore excursion availability varies based on the time of year (ie May is the start of the tourist season whereas June is the full tourist season, so there may be more tours running in June than May), number of people (if there is one ship of 2000 in, there will likely be more options than if there are 2 in Salerno totaling 4000 and 3 in Naples totalling 7000). But with Pompeii, if worse comes to worse, you can always book a tour not through the cruise line, and many on these boards would be able to help you do that!

Pompeii is an amazing experience, I hope you get to see it! :D

Typically you'll start to see a more comprehensive list of excursions around 6 months out from the cruise. t.

True, but I've seen excursions disappear and never come back, or disappear when I have the money and time to book them only to reappear later. This is one area Royal frequently disappoints me. At one point Royal canceled a third of the excursions I booked, many I didn't find out about till boarding the ship. (This will probably happen again in 35 more days.) I am a scuba diver who travels with other non-divers and I try to schedule my dive excursion around everyone else's plans. On my Adventure cruise, there was a dive on the offerings from 1 year out till 3 months out. I tried to book it when it was 3 months out, ended up having to go private, which is usually my preference. 2 weeks after I finally booked private, the Royal excursion came back. It was located very close to where my friends were going to be.