Regal cabin inventory

cruisewiththekids

I've been looking at the 11nt Regal 12/17 and the 8nt Regal 12/20, which is obviously a part of the longer 11nt sailing. It appears if I look at the 12/20 sailing, only 16 inside cabins are available. But if I look at the 12/17 sailing 133 inside cabins are available. Would I be correct in assuming they are holding back cabins on the 8nt sailing hoping to instead fill the 11nt sailing? And if so, would they normally open up all cabins to the 8nt sailing as the sail date approaches?

I've been looking at the 11nt Regal 12/17 and the 8nt Regal 12/20, which is obviously a part of the longer 11nt sailing. It appears if I look at the 12/20 sailing, only 16 inside cabins are available. But if I look at the 12/17 sailing 133 inside cabins are available. Would I be correct in assuming they are holding back cabins on the 8nt sailing hoping to instead fill the 11nt sailing? And if so, would they normally open up all cabins to the 8nt sailing as the sail date approaches?

I think your assumption is correct. I am surprised that cabins have not opened up as it is inside of final payment period. I'm thinking that the demand for the 8 day voyage is not very high, with most passengers preferring the RT Ft. Lauderdale. You might think about booking a cabin cat. now with the 'let Princess select' option. You could wind up with a nice cabin if the 11 day cruise does not sell out.

It looks like there is a 3-day cruise being sold separately from FLL to Puerto Rico on Dec. 17. Those cabins are probably booked for that separate cruise.

Jim

But if that were the case, those cabins occupied on the 3nt sailing would open up when the passengers disembark in San Juan and be available for the 12/20 sailing. Or am I not thinking this through properly?

I'm on that Dec 17 sailing and there are still plenty of rooms available - perhaps, as others have stated, people are worried about travelling to the eastern Caribbean and therefore have cancelled, leaving lots of open space. Have you tried calling Princess to see why there is a discrepancy?

Edited by goldie099

But if that were the case, those cabins occupied on the 3nt sailing would open up when the passengers disembark in San Juan and be available for the 12/20 sailing. Or am I not thinking this through properly?

You're right. It was me thinking backward. I guess what it means is they are reserving some cabins for the full 11-nighter and don't want to sell shorter sailings if they can fill those cabins with 11-night cruisers.

Jim