Solstice 1552 or 1610 - Which would you choose?

chamima

How was the wind in 1610?

I was once looking into a similarly situated cabin on another cruise line and reviewers commented that the wind exposure of forward hump cabins significantly reduced their enjoyment of the balcony while travelling.

With the caveat that this was 8 years and many, many cruises ago (we've been really fortunate) ---- I don't remember any wind at all. As I said , the balcony is very deep so I don't even know how wind would affect anything but the outermost couple of feet. What is embedded in my memory is the lack of sun. I pretty much stay in the shade but this was beyond shade - just very dark.

I realize this is a revival of an ancient thread - but! I have the same question 8 years later, #1552 or #1610.

My googling / searching has led me to the following:

#1552 and #1610 are both the same size / layout of the balcony

#1552 bed is by the balcony

#1552 is beneath the corner of the solarium; reported as being very quiet for the most part; also close to Spa amenities

#1552 has partial obstruction (10% ish) because of the window washing equipment (WWE) parked next door (1554)

#1610 bed is by the bath

#1610 is beneath the pool deck; reported as being quiet to very noisy (depending on reviewer opinion/experience).

Minor acceptable noise complaints were deck chairs being repositioned by staff; major noise issues reported were from late-night pool parties, bands playing during the day, and thumping from exercise / dance classes.

#1610 has no obstructions and potentially has more sun than #1552; although both are deep balconies (same size)

#1610 serviced by same room attendant as Higher Suites (good!); but one person reported bath water splashing over from Royal Suite next door (tub is near balcony divider)

Question of the day (or should I say decade, since this question was posed 8 years ago) ...

Has anyone stayed in both? and if you were to book again (having experienced both); which one would you choose and why?

I currently have #1552 booked and #1610 “just” came available and I have a courtesy hold on it, until I decide if I want to make the A1 switch. I’m not bothered by the WWE (noted above); but loud parties / noise would be troublesome for DH.

Thank you in advance, apologies for dredging up an ancient thread, but curious never-the-less.

My answer is for the part of your post in red.

We were on the past 2 cruises on the Equinox.

We had 1610 for leg 2.

I much rather prefer 1546 which we had on the first leg of our B2B.

1610 has a huge balcony, great location, is a great cabin. Bed near bathroom. Protected from too much sun, but bright enough. No wind, although front facing.(This could also depend upon wind conditions, to be reasonable) However, we could hear EVERYTHING from deck 12 above. Music and band was the worst and on party nights it went on and on and on. I believe some ventilation equipment is right above and that makes it worst. The balcony was not usable many times in the mornings, due to some water leaking out of the pipes on the balcony roof. It happened intermittantly. GS and house keeping supervisor informed us that it was the gutter/pipe that the water to the waste when the deck was washed. I still enjoyed it whenever I could. There are some vent fans up in a part of the top of the balcony. These too made a noise but that did not bother me as that noise seemed like swishing and splashing sea water.

Would I choose this cabin again...NO. I would prefer to choose the other one I mentioned above. That was a quiet area, hair salon/shop above it. Did not hear much foot traffic inside the cabin although it is right at the opening of the elevator hallway.

Interesting fact: We have also stayed in 1605 which is the port side twin of 1610. Did not any problem with that one. No leaking pipe above balcony, no loud music, everything was perfect. I would go with 1605 if available but not 1610. However, in favor of 1610, I would say that it is very well located with respect to the dining areas, bars and cafe al Bacio.

For a laugh (but I do think it is true) Someone had said that Celebrity picks the worst deck (under the pool deck), jacks up the price, names it Aqua, throws in Blu and the thermal lounge) and works a "miracle" on cabins that many people would otherwise not purchase. :)

Edited by Arzeena

Thank you all to your kind and informative replies! We were booked in 1552 and 1610 came up as available. However! within 24 hours of that happening, one of the Solstice AQ AFT cabins opened up (there are only 5 and Solstice is the only S-Class ship that offers them). So? we bailed totally on 1552 and 1610 and now have happily landed ourselves in 1672. It is the smallest balcony (but standard size) of the back AQ cabins, but very happy to be where we love - the stern / aft / back of the ship!

Again - thank you to those who replied to my inquiry. I will mentally make note, as we may have this choice dilemma on a future cruise!

Thank you all to your kind and informative replies! We were booked in 1552 and 1610 came up as available. However! within 24 hours of that happening, one of the Solstice AQ AFT cabins opened up (there are only 5 and Solstice is the only S-Class ship that offers them). So? we bailed totally on 1552 and 1610 and now have happily landed ourselves in 1672. It is the smallest balcony (but standard size) of the back AQ cabins, but very happy to be where we love - the stern / aft / back of the ship!

Again - thank you to those who replied to my inquiry. I will mentally make note, as we may have this choice dilemma on a future cruise!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You definitely hit the jackpot!!!!

Enjoy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You definitely hit the jackpot!!!!

Enjoy!

Thank you very kindly Karen :) I couldn’t believe when one of the aft AQ cabins opened up. It was a no brainer for me and I JUMPED on it - LOL! we are super happy to be at the back, as it is one of our favourite locations on any ship.

With kind regards and appreciation of your replies,

Heather

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

My answer is for the part of your post in red.

We were on the past 2 cruises on the Equinox.

We had 1610 for leg 2.

I much rather prefer 1546 which we had on the first leg of our B2B.

1610 has a huge balcony, great location, is a great cabin. Bed near bathroom. Protected from too much sun, but bright enough. No wind, although front facing.(This could also depend upon wind conditions, to be reasonable) However, we could hear EVERYTHING from deck 12 above. Music and band was the worst and on party nights it went on and on and on. I believe some ventilation equipment is right above and that makes it worst. The balcony was not usable many times in the mornings, due to some water leaking out of the pipes on the balcony roof. It happened intermittantly. GS and house keeping supervisor informed us that it was the gutter/pipe that the water to the waste when the deck was washed. I still enjoyed it whenever I could. There are some vent fans up in a part of the top of the balcony. These too made a noise but that did not bother me as that noise seemed like swishing and splashing sea water.

Would I choose this cabin again...NO. I would prefer to choose the other one I mentioned above. That was a quiet area, hair salon/shop above it. Did not hear much foot traffic inside the cabin although it is right at the opening of the elevator hallway.

Interesting fact: We have also stayed in 1605 which is the port side twin of 1610. Did not any problem with that one. No leaking pipe above balcony, no loud music, everything was perfect. I would go with 1605 if available but not 1610. However, in favor of 1610, I would say that it is very well located with respect to the dining areas, bars and cafe al Bacio.

For a laugh (but I do think it is true) Someone had said that Celebrity picks the worst deck (under the pool deck), jacks up the price, names it Aqua, throws in Blu and the thermal lounge) and works a "miracle" on cabins that many people would otherwise not purchase. :)

Great input we just booked 1605 after going back-and-forth about 1552 or 1547 after reading a review about having a silent disco right above 1552 we decided to move to mid deck which is great location and a big balcony !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums