Heaps of questions [emoji2]

jayde43

Hi all,

We have just booked our 1st P&O cruise. We are sailing on the Jewel(24/4).

We have only been on Celebrity before so we know things are going to be heaps different. We are used to having our perks repaid.

So with the internet package we had unlimited. I can't seem to find a package like that. Is there one?

What about drinks are the packages worth it? My friend doesn't drink alcohol so would we be able to get different packages?

Do people join in the theme nights? I think they sound like fun.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Debbi

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there

I am not sure about the pricing of internet packages on the Jewel. They are now available from $10 per day according to P&O's website but it is not very specific. I can remember seeing posters up about it early this month but being an "oldie" I wasn't very interested in them. I will be on the Eden in early March so will sus it out then.

For drinks packages go into P&O "Cruise Control" and "Plan your Trip" then "Packages - Available Packages". This will list all the different drinks packages. Unless you are a drinker some of them are very expensive. Be aware that some will cost more if you book them on board. They have recently expanded the selection.

The Theme Nights are very popular with some weird and wonderful get ups produced. I would say that Bianca (white nights) and Gatsby are the best because ladies can really get dressed up. They have headress making classes for Gatsby if you don't take your own and Charleston classes in the afternoon. Back to School is also a laugh. Even the children get into the spirit of things and the oldies. Everyone enjoys them.

Hi there

I am not sure about the pricing of internet packages on the Jewel. They are now available from $10 per day according to P&O's website but it is not very specific. I can remember seeing posters up about it early this month but being an "oldie" I wasn't very interested in them. I will be on the Eden in early March so will sus it out then.

For drinks packages go into P&O "Cruise Control" and "Plan your Trip" then "Packages - Available Packages". This will list all the different drinks packages. Unless you are a drinker some of them are very expensive. Be aware that some will cost more if you book them on board. They have recently expanded the selection.

The Theme Nights are very popular with some weird and wonderful get ups produced. I would say that Bianca (white nights) and Gatsby are the best because ladies can really get dressed up. They have headress making classes for Gatsby if you don't take your own and Charleston classes in the afternoon. Back to School is also a laugh. Even the children get into the spirit of things and the oldies. Everyone enjoys them.

Thanks for replying to my post on here and on the other thread :)

Glad I didn't ask you these questions on the other thread.

I would appreciate further info on the internet, I'm a little addicted, couldn't live for 10 days without it hehehe.

I will check out cruise control thanks :)

With the headband making classes - do you know what the cost is?

Thanks again :)

Not sure what the cost was for the Gatsby headband class. I would try the $2 shops for head bands and take some feathers with you that is all they seemed to be making. Have a look around in party shops before you go and I am sure you can create something. Some ladies wear pearl necklaces on their heads which can look charming. Lots of beads and feather boas.

The dinner for that night is listed as Gatsby but naturally not every one dresses up. The late sitting, 7.00pm is more likely to be dressy. The Gatsby party was held at 9.30pm after the theatre show. It is entirely up to you what you do.

There are no free drinks given. You have to buy your own. The last time I had free drinks on P&O was NY 2016, 12 months ago when we were given free champagne. This year in the Atrium they didn't even celebrate (there were 2 other New Year party locations). Last year there was a champagne fountain, balloons dropping from the ceiling and dancing but not this year. Guess they are counting the pennies. A bit of a disappointment.

Theatre shows generally last about 45 minutes. They range from the Pacific Entertainers who do a sing and dance show (quite good and vibrant), magicians and comedians (who I hate but that's me). We had two very good young male singers (crooners) on two nights, one who I believe normally plays in the Orient Bar and another who is a 22 year old international award winner, both excellent. Some of the crew put on a performance, again quite good and the finals for the Karaoke. They also have a late night adults only comedian maybe twice.

A bit of everything and a good way to chill out at the end of the day.

Hate to say it, but I hope you aren't disappointed with P@O Jewel after Celebrity.

As long as you have downgraded your expectations you should be fine.

But the food, service and shows are nothing to the caliber of Celebrity. The ship is quite nice. The gatsby and White Party were fun.

We won't sail P@O again.

Hate to say it, but I hope you aren't disappointed with P@O Jewel after Celebrity.

But the food, service and shows are nothing to the caliber of Celebrity. The ship is quite nice. The gatsby and White Party were fun.

We won't sail P@O again.

Yeh we are a bit worried but I'm getting excited about the parties. Already got my back to skool costume nearly done, white half done and working on Gatsby [emoji3].

We decided it was either a cheap cruise or no holiday this year. So we decide to chance it. We have a cruise booked on the Solstice next Jan so we have that to look forward to[emoji6]

Will let you know how we go.

[emoji925]️[emoji925]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We won't sail P@O again.

Agree with this but we would sail P&O again at the price.

Just back from 12 day Jewel Pacific Island cruise from Melbourne that we booked last minute at a bargain price.

As someone posted in another thread it IS down market with no dress code enforced, but we dressed up when we felt like and enjoyed the relaxed party atmosphere. All parties were well attended and great fun, some dressed for it and some didn't, but everyone seemed to have fun regardless.

Food was good enough, not great but you get what you pay for.

Drinks package was $79/day which is way too expensive for us. Beer was about $8, cheapest wine $8.50 and most cocktails $12. We think we drink a lot but to make the package pay we needed to drink twice as much.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Agree with this but we would sail P&O again at the price.

Just back from 12 day Jewel Pacific Island cruise from Melbourne that we booked last minute at a bargain price.

As someone posted in another thread it IS down market with no dress code enforced, but we dressed up when we felt like and enjoyed the relaxed party atmosphere. All parties were well attended and great fun, some dressed for it and some didn't, but everyone seemed to have fun regardless.

Food was good enough, not great but you get what you pay for.

Drinks package was $79/day which is way too expensive for us. Beer was about $8, cheapest wine $8.50 and most cocktails $12. We think we drink a lot but to make the package pay we needed to drink twice as much.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Yep too expensive for us too. We are going to buy $19 a day soft drink package :) and then buy a few cocktails a day :)