currency

emmaasher

Hey. does anyone know the current usd to aud exchange rate princess offers. I am trying to see how best to pay for my shore excursions so want to know how much they would be in aud. Thanks. :confused:

If the price is quoted in USD I would buy USD from the bank especially if you can get it commission free with a Platinum credit card. Then put the cash on your folio on board. The bank rate, I would bet, is better than you would get from Princess.

Hey. does anyone know the current usd to aud exchange rate princess offers. I am trying to see how best to pay for my shore excursions so want to know how much they would be in aud. Thanks. :confused:

If you are going to pay for the excursion on-board, then the current rate is useful information.

But if you are going to pay in advance of the cruise or purchase OBC to use on board to pay for the excursions, then knowing the current exchange rate is probably not useful. Reason is that Princess most likely will use the same exchange rate for pre-cruise purchases that was used when you booked the cruise.

I just bought OBC for my upcoming cruise. The cost per $100 usd was $135 Aud. You can buy the OBC to pay for shore excursions or whatever you like. Also the credit card treats it as a purchase not a cash advance.

Sorry you were after the reverse.

Edited by Zeikah
Error