Best Time to Board

martyap

We are not sailing until next December 2nd on the Freedom. Since the ship does not depart San Juan until 8:30 pm, what is the latest we could board.? We usually fly down at least the day before but we might have to catch an early morning flight the day of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

RCI generally allows boarding up to about 6-6:30pm, and if you board that late, you get your own special Muster Drill, since it's usually held at 5 or so.

The real question is what do you want to do that day? If you have a place to stash your luggage, there's no real need to get on board ASAP. While people have suggested that you can board, drop off stuff, and go back to San Juan- I find that to be kind of an expensive hassle. But if you are willing to pay the $15 each way for a taxi, not a big deal. If you were asking for any of the ships that start from the other side of the harbor, that's a very different question.

We generally try to get there at 1pm so that we can go straight to our cabin and unload. But we've also spent a lot of time in San Juan, so having a few more hours to wander around isn't huge.

Really- I don't think there is such a thing as "best" time to arrive at any ship. It all depends on what you want to do.

Sorry, I phrased it incorrectly........would there be a problem boarding by 4pm? I plan to catch a flight from JFK at around 11am

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, no problem at all. The ships all know that the day of flights arrive late, so they plan around it. If you board at 4pm, it's highly unlikely that you will be the last to board. Heck, I'd even bet some will fly in later than you get on board.

RCI generally allows boarding up to about 6-6:30pm, and if you board that late, you get your own special Muster Drill, since it's usually held at 5 or so.

The real question is what do you want to do that day? If you have a place to stash your luggage, there's no real need to get on board ASAP. While people have suggested that you can board, drop off stuff, and go back to San Juan- I find that to be kind of an expensive hassle. But if you are willing to pay the $15 each way for a taxi, not a big deal. If you were asking for any of the ships that start from the other side of the harbor, that's a very different question.

We generally try to get there at 1pm so that we can go straight to our cabin and unload. But we've also spent a lot of time in San Juan, so having a few more hours to wander around isn't huge.

Really- I don't think there is such a thing as "best" time to arrive at any ship. It all depends on what you want to do.

We departed on November 26th from San Juan and the muster drill was held at 8pm once everyone was on the ship.