Norway Fjords 8/17 on Eclipse review

snowmc

I posted this review about 2 weeks ago, but it is not showing up in the forum (I've done numerous searches for it.) I had lots of positive comments regarding it, so thought I would repost it for those who are considering this cruise in 2018 or 19. It is quite long, with many pictures, so am posting the link. I do not receive any monetary benefit, just happy to share my experiences. Happy sailing! :ship:

https://zest4travel.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/norway-fjord-cruise-on-the-celebrity-eclipse/

• 8 months later...

Wonderful review and beautiful pictures that brought back memories. We too took a Norway fjords cruise this past summer. However, we were on the Azamara Journey. We had only ever sailed on Celebrity before so it was a bucket list trip on a fabulous ship (I think we're AZ cheerleaders now ;)). We chose that itinerary because it went all the way to the North Cape up into the Arctic Circle and had about 10 Norway ports in 15 nights. It was an unusually warm and dry summer in northern Europe and although we never wore some of the layers we had packed, it also meant almost zero rain and fog so the views were always stunning. I think I wore long sleeves up at the North Cape in Honnigsvag and the rest of the time it was mild. Crazy. The Norwegians couldn't believe it. Hard to sell those gorgeous sweaters when it's 85 degrees out!! I think it cooled down to about normal temperatures right when we flew home.

I hope you get to return to that beautiful country again and explore even further north on one of the more country-intensive itineraries. I know what you mean about lots of walking, often uphill. We chose those kinds of things too. At least we could 'sort of' justify an adult beverage later! I am still looking at my photos and smiling, grateful that I got to see a beautiful country that I never thought I'd see.