Cost of Mediterranean cruise 2019

maureenk

It is not you, they are somewhat high and are being booked up very fast!!!

Luckily we booked in April and the rate of our cabin has already increased by $200 per person.

Looks like 2019 will be a busy cruise year in Med.

Last year we were booked for a June 2018 Med cruise out of Rome but had to cancel and rebook for 2019. It was far easier last year to get your choice of cabins, plus the hotels in Rome and Athens were definitely cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Most cruises we’ve booked in the past to the Med the price usually starts out a couple thousand over a year out but eventually starts dropping. I would wait until summer 2018 med season is over and they really start trying to sell 2019. I’m sure prices will start dropping come Nov. I would definitely find your cruise and cabin now and rebook when the price drops.

Most cruises we’ve booked in the past to the Med the price usually starts out a couple thousand over a year out but eventually starts dropping. I would wait until summer 2018 med season is over and they really start trying to sell 2019. I’m sure prices will start dropping come Nov. I would definitely find your cruise and cabin now and rebook when the price drops.

Do you really need to rebook? I thought you could just ask for a price adjustment if the price dropped before the final payment is due.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting now to book during the shoulder season for this year. Price dropped recently. Im watching airfare to make sure it doesnt rise too high to knock out the benefit of waiting for the cruise fare to drop. It seems worth waiting for price drops.

Bear Down, NCL has an awesome 12-day itinerary for the Mediterranean in May 2019 that is not repeated until again in the fall I think. Next year I will be stalking that sailing to see if the price drops and if rooms become available after the final payment date do to people canceling. It's a really good itinerary. There are some rooms left but the starting rate is really high. So I will just wait until after final payment date or close to final payment date to see about the drops and price due to cancellations.

Bear Down, NCL has an awesome 12-day itinerary for the Mediterranean in May 2019 that is not repeated until again in the fall I think. Next year I will be stalking that sailing to see if the price drops and if rooms become available after the final payment date do to people canceling. It's a really good itinerary. There are some rooms left but the starting rate is really high. So I will just wait until after final payment date or close to final payment date to see about the drops and price due to cancellations.

That's the cruise we booked. I must have seen it right after it went on sale and booked it right away for me and my wife and her brother since NCL has 3rd person for free. I kept watching prices in case they went down and they did nothing but go up. And up. And up some more. We tried talking some friends into joining us but by the time they got around to looking, the price had gone up $1000 pp.

Yes, I saw it climbing as well. I am traveling solo. So, I will definitely wait for closer to like 3 months before sailing to see what becomes available snd price drops. I am flexible with my cabin since its port intensive and I will be paying double to travel solo. Great itinerary! Im excited! There is a similar itinerary in the fall but in the opposite direction, but I will be doing a more standard Western Med in the fall with family.