Any time dining

arlenefrances

They have changed the dining times but I don't think they have changed the dress code

Below is a timetable for the introduction of Your Time open seating throughout the Carnival fleet:

* Already implemented: Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Miracle

* End of April: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Elation, Carnival Pride

* Mid-June: Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Spirit

* Late September: Carnival Dream

* Mid-October: Carnival Ecstasy

* Mid-December: Carnival Glory

* February 2010: Carnival Fascination

* By summer 2010: Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Victory

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles...ce_dining.aspx

I haven't cruised on Carnival for years, so I don't know when their dress code eased up. We're booked with them now, so I was looking at the info on their website, and the dress code looks pretty casual to me. Even for elegant nights, they only suggest a sport coat.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Generally, the MTD is in the main dining room, and the "dress code" still applies...the only difference is you aren't "locked" into a specific dining TIME.

NCL is one of the lines that doesn't request that you "dress up" for dinner. The other mass-market lines still have either formal or elegant nights...no matter if you're doing traditional dining or anytime dining.

Archived