Which Denali flight tour to do at Denali princess lodge in Alaska

JP-Cruise

Hello, I am faced with yet another big dilemma in Alaska,

I am currently booked on the Denali summit flight tour which I am very excited about at the Denali princess lodge: But today on my cruise personalizer I noticed another tour called Denali flightseeing with glacier landing by airplane. I think that this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to land on the side of mount Denali, but wondering if this tour also flies to the summit of the mountain as well? Which tour is better do you think

https://www.princesslodges.com/excursions/denali-mk-glacier-landing/

https://www.princesslodges.com/excursions/denali-summit-flight-tour/

You might get more answers on the Alaska board, but I've always wanted to do the landing. Problem is they can only do this early in the season.

Didn't know you could do these from Denali Lodge area - most flight tours leave from Talkeetna airport near the McKinley Lodge. Had a guy they trying to get us to fly immediately when we got in on the train for something like $79 (not landing on glacier).

As suggested by LeeW you'll find loads of great help on the Alaska boards, but I'll add my 2 cents here and would suggest considering booking directly with K2 Aviation (Pretty sure they’re the same company Princess use). They have a few options available. We booked the flight with glacier landing. Unfortunately, weren’t able to land as weather ‘came in’ after we took off, but K2 refunded the difference in what we'd paid for and what we got.

As we did Northbound cruise we booked this for right after we got off the train in Talkeetna. Princess took our bags to the lodge and we caught the shuttle up after our flight and wander around the town.

I learned loads on the Alaska board and although it was our first cruise, was given the confidence to book all of our Alaska excursions independently, some with the same providers Princess use and some with other, smaller operators resulting in lower cost, smaller groups and personalised experiences.

Good luck choosing & enjoy Alaska!!

f1ff2c7dbcadcf3e90cc5b45dc13f8e9.jpg961c121833ec09fc148e4372b51243f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As suggested by LeeW you'll find loads of great help on the Alaska boards, but I'll add my 2 cents here and would suggest considering booking directly with K2 Aviation (Pretty sure they’re the same company Princess use). They have a few options available. We booked the flight with glacier landing. Unfortunately, weren’t able to land as weather ‘came in’ after we took off, but K2 refunded the difference in what we'd paid for and what we got.

As we did Northbound cruise we booked this for right after we got off the train in Talkeetna. Princess took our bags to the lodge and we caught the shuttle up after our flight and wander around the town.

I learned loads on the Alaska board and although it was our first cruise, was given the confidence to book all of our Alaska excursions independently, some with the same providers Princess use and some with other, smaller operators resulting in lower cost, smaller groups and personalised experiences.

Good luck choosing & enjoy Alaska!!

f1ff2c7dbcadcf3e90cc5b45dc13f8e9.jpg961c121833ec09fc148e4372b51243f5.jpg

Thank you soo soo much for your input and for sharing those amazing photos! This will be my second trip to Alaska and cruise tour. I totally agree with booking tours independently. I booked all my tours independent last year. But some I booked with the princess lodge because, well, no choice lol.

The thing with the Denali lodge is that they don’t offer the summit flight, and glacier together :(. And I definitely want to experience both. K2 offers both in one which is amazing. Just wondering if they offer pick up and drop off service to the lodge. I’ll call them later

If K2 don't offer a pick up service, I vaguely remember Princess having shuttle that ran back and forth to Talkeetna for about $10?

That is from Mt. McKinley Princess, not the Denali Princess.

JP - my apologies for confusing matters for you - got my Princess lodges confused. As others have pointed out Talkeetna and therefore K2 are reached from McKinley Princess and not Denali. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JP - my apologies for confusing matters for you - got my Princess lodges confused. As others have pointed out Talkeetna and therefore K2 are reached from McKinley Princess and not Denali. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok that’s okay. I just learned that the company Talkeetna Air taxi offers a summit flight plus the glacier landing tour and offers pick up/drop off service. So I might go with this company :). Might be my only option