NCL Breakaway Baltic Cruise – May 29, 2018 out of Copenhagen

JulesAS

Great! I will make a point of looking for it. Thanks for letting us know.

Yes, the whole Russia departure thing seems to be a "work in progress". I will see what the next few cruises come back with as well!

I'm so excited! We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow!

Also, wanted to fix a typo. In my reply to you, I said we met our guide on the first day at 9:40 but meant 8:40. So we went down to the Theater at 7:50, left the Theater by about 8:15, was through immigration and with our guide by 8:40. Not too bad.

Thank you for the great review. We are on the July 13 sailing and will arrive in Copenhagen the day before. Out flight gets in at 105, so I am trying to decide what’s to see that afternoon and evening. I am thinking Tivoli and maybe some of Rick Steves walking tour. Or the free walking tour the following morning also looks great. I think we should aim to board by 2 so that’s is t a lot of time. We are going the Copenhagen tour offered by NCL when we return primarily so I don’t have to worry about storing luggage during the day and getting to the airport for a 530flight.

Ah well that's not cool. Is there sensitive information on the bill? Yikes, wish I had known. Thank you.

Sometimes in an envelope or the pages are folded in half and propped in the slot - people won't be able to see the transactions on the pages.

Thank you for the great review. We are on the July 13 sailing and will arrive in Copenhagen the day before. Out flight gets in at 105, so I am trying to decide what’s to see that afternoon and evening. I am thinking Tivoli and maybe some of Rick Steves walking tour. Or the free walking tour the following morning also looks great. I think we should aim to board by 2 so that’s is t a lot of time. We are going the Copenhagen tour offered by NCL when we return primarily so I don’t have to worry about storing luggage during the day and getting to the airport for a 530flight.

I would highly recommend Tivoli Gardens. Go in late afternoon. Watch the sun go down & the lights come on. It’s Magical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're welcome! Whatever you choose should be fantastic! We liked Tivoli, very retro and nostalgic. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Did they offer the laundry bag special on the cruise and if yes do you happen to know what day?

Yes they did! $19.95 stuff a bag on the day we were in Tallin.

For us it was a Monday and i got the clothes back on Thursday evening.

Yes they did! $19.95 stuff a bag on the day we were in Tallin.

For us it was a Monday and i got the clothes back on Thursday evening.

Thank you for your response. This keeps us from over-packing (hopefully).

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, JulesAS said:

Day 9 – Sea Day

We had breakfast in a main dining room, super slow service but all in all the breakfasts were ok/good. Food never really that warm, always took a long time to eat.

We played bingo, rested, watched the kids club show, more art auctions, and dinner was Jungle Fantasy.

Jungle Fantasy was good, I think the seating arrangement is poor. The food was good. I wish they’d cook the meat a bit more. They said it was going to be med. Well to well and it more like med. Couldn’t get a drink once they started serving food. The show was good but the rest I could have done without.

Day 10 – Debarkation

A few days before debarkation you choose which color debarkation tags you want from stands by the Guest Services Desk. We chose a late one because we were staying in the city.

My only complaint is that I never received our final cabin charges under the door and I’m spending time chasing that around. I didn’t even think about it until we were back home. 😮

General Thoughts

• The food service, pretty much every day, in every venue, was extremely slow. Everyone working on the ship was extremely friendly and helpful. I think they did great in this area.
  • The food was not stellar nor was it horrible. If you are a foodie or top notch food is for you, do specialty dining.
  • The food in the buffet was very samey for breakfast and lunch. Loved the themed nights in the buffet. I thought it was a great idea.
  • We don’t really do shows so sorry for the lack of info and review on those.
  • Kids club was good, my son loved it. It was not busy for this cruise at all. No line waiting or turning people away.
  • The Internet was ok, we got the unlimited, premium. It wasn’t the best but it worked.
  • I think it is extremely silly to only have Margaritaville open during the day on such a port intensive cruise.
  • Never had a problem at any bar getting a drink in a timely manner. I loved the snack nuts, I think that’s a great idea.
  • Smoke – I used to be a smoker and I’m not anti-smoker but there is a serious problem on the ship. Not only do you smell it in a lot of places but to the point where it’s uncomfortable. The Bistro and Headliners area? It smells like a smoke den. Really gross.

All in all it was an awesome cruise and I’d definitely sail NCL again!:)

Just wanna ask if what time did the ship arrive at Copenhagen at Debarkation Day?