Disneyland after cruise question

MissesB4409

Hello,

I know some of this has probably been answered before, but here is our situation. We are getting off Carnival Imagination in Long Beach on Thursday May 24. I want to surprise my boys (4 and 6) with a quick trip to Disneyland. We are staying the night before the cruise at Hotel Maya and parking our car there during the duration of the cruise.

So what we have planned is to get off the ship ASAP, head to the hotel and pick up our car and go to Disneyland. I know its of course do-able...but I also don't want to get there at noon either. Would arriving to the park by 10am be too out of reach? I would like to add too a couple of factors. We do have FTTF, so that may help us get off quicker. We have no problem bringing our luggage off with us. And finally we are planning on buying some bottles of liquor for a gift while we are onboard. Does anyone know how that will effect debarkation? Will they bring us the liquor the night before, or are we going to have to wait around for it the morning of to pick it up from a lounge?

Disneyland opens up at 8am the morning that we are planning to go. Obviously being there that soon is unreasonable, but for my own sanity and understanding, is 10am feasible? Should we shoot for a noon arrival? Also, we are not planning on stopping at a hotel near Anaheim. We want to just drive straight to the park and pay to park there. Seemed like the easiest and quickest option to getting there. Thanks for all feedback!

Edited by MissesB4409

It's about a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic.

or 2-3 hours, depending on traffic. Have a couple of alternate routes planned and I would guess you could be there before noon with little problem. Don't try for to early as you will still be in the commute hours. There's usually a sweet spot around 9:00. I would Google maps route it a couple of mornings and see how long it takes. Keeping mind LA traffic can change at the drop of a hat.

We did this 5 years ago, we left our car at the Maya and did self disembark. Stopped at our hotel in Anaheim and were in Disneyland by 10 AM.

Do you happen to know what day of the week it was? I imagine on the weekends the traffic won't be as bad as during the week. We will be going on a Thursday morning. Thanks.

or 2-3 hours, depending on traffic. Have a couple of alternate routes planned and I would guess you could be there before noon with little problem. Don't try for to early as you will still be in the commute hours. There's usually a sweet spot around 9:00. I would Google maps route it a couple of mornings and see how long it takes. Keeping mind LA traffic can change at the drop of a hat.

Great suggestions!! I grew up in So-cal, but moved 17 years ago!! I should have known to consider the traffic. Hopefully Long Beach to Anaheim isn't too bad!! I will definitely keep an eye on google maps for an idea! And just pray to the traffic gods that morning!

In January on the Inspiration and March on the Splendor we had to pick up our liquor at 6am.

You should be able to be on your way no later than 9am, towards the end of rush hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone! So we just bought our tickets!! But, I found out that May 24th, which is the day we are going is the last day for the southern California discount promotion. Last year on this day, the park reached max capacity and they are anticipating a similar scenario this year. Hopefully it won't be too bad, and for our boys first time ever at Disney, they will enjoy it. I'm so excited to be cruising and visiting Disney in the same week!!!! My two favorite things coming together! Its also my 35th birthday that week...so what a celebration its going to be!! 26 days and counting!