Does an overnight in Venice really mean 'overnight'?

aussiebossyboots

We are booked on a Rome return cruise this October. The itinerary says overnight in Venice. We want to go to a concert which ends at 10pm - way over the other side of Venice and it will take us at least an hour or more to return.

I ask this question because last Christmas/New Year we were on a Canary Islands cruise which showed an overnight in Maderia. We actually sailed at 1am after the fireworks.

Don't want to book concert tickets and then find out that we are actually having a late departure rather than a true overnight.

Your comments are appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

On every cruise I have been on overnight meant overnigth: We arrived in Venice early in the morning on day one and left in the evening of day two.

Of course you should make sure the times with Cunard but at least this worked so far.

Indicators to be sure:

- You find shore excursions for day two on the voyage personaliser.

- Often the cruises are offered in various ways including parts where people board on day two.

We are booked on a Rome return cruise this October. The itinerary says overnight in Venice. We want to go to a concert which ends at 10pm - way over the other side of Venice and it will take us at least an hour or more to return.

I ask this question because last Christmas/New Year we were on a Canary Islands cruise which showed an overnight in Maderia. We actually sailed at 1am after the fireworks.

Don't want to book concert tickets and then find out that we are actually having a late departure rather than a true overnight.

Your comments are appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

If you are talking about V830 then the ship will stay in port for the evening of Friday 12th October. It is less than 200 NM to the next port Rijeka.

Yes, that's the cruise V830. There are no excursions for the second day. The full itinerary says depart evening on the second day. And there is an excursion on the evening of the first day for a gondola ride.

Guess I can take the risk!

Yes, that's the cruise V830. There are no excursions for the second day. The full itinerary says depart evening on the second day. And there is an excursion on the evening of the first day for a gondola ride.

Guess I can take the risk!

Just to further set your mind at ease, various cruise calendar sites and travel agent sites (including Cunard's partner sites for Spain and Switzerland which show port timings), as well as the ship schedule on the web site for the Port of Venice itself are all showing QV's departure time from Venice as 10:00pm on her second day in Venice (October 13th).

We cruised last year with an overnight in Venice , not on Cunard I should say, but the sail into Venice is one of the most stunning things I have ever experienced and it will stay with me forever. You are in for a treat! enjoy!

We cruised last year with an overnight in Venice , not on Cunard I should say, but the sail into Venice is one of the most stunning things I have ever experienced and it will stay with me forever. You are in for a treat! enjoy!
Totally agree with you. I've sailed in, and out of Venice many yeas ago (like you, not with Cunard), the experience was amazing.

I can confirm that it is a proper overnight. I will be starting my cruise on 13th October in Venice, so they have to be there long enough to get us onboard after flying us from the UK.

I had a great flight booked, leaving Heathrow around 11.30am with BA. Then I received an email from Cunard saying that the charter flight to Venice had to be changed as Venice airport was too crowded to fit them in. We are now flying out at 7.15 to Treviso airport and will be put on a coach to Venice. I hate early mornings! Oh well, I guess it gives me time to explore Venice. However, I was there for 3 days in February so that's not a priority.