Mahogany Bay ultimate beach package

bhanback

Ok, quick question. I've been before to Roatan but this time I'm with my sister who is wanting just to get off the ship and relax for a day without buses, transports, etc.

I'm looking at the Ultimate Beach package which is 74.99 on the Carnival site. Here's the description....

The Best Price Guarantee

Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*

EXCURSION DETAILS PRINT

This fabulous package includes everything you and your guest need for fun in the sun at Mahogany Beach!

Enjoy a scenic chairlift ride aboard the Magical Flying Beach Chair from the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center to Mahogany Beach.

Board your two-person kayak and paddle, from shore, through the crystal blue waters.

Then, go under the surface with your snorkeling gear to see the amazing marine life up close.

After your underwater adventure, you can both relax on your beach float in the water or, under the shade of your own clam shell on shore.

Note: Package accommodates 2 guests. Includes chair lift transfers, clam shell, two beach floats, snorkeling gear and kayaking. One ticket purchases the entrance for two. Minimum height requirement for chair lift is 32 inches

So when I go to book that it wants to add both my sister and I to the cart at the price per person but the description clearly states that one ticket accommodates two guests. The other lesser packages say "per pair" in the description.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Never booked these beach packages at MBCC.

But unless you want to kayak and snorkel and have a reserved clam shell beach chair and ride the sky ride, there's really no need to book an excursion. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach from the ship. No entry fee. Plenty of free loungers (just not clam shells). Drink, food available. You can independently pay for any of the amenities offered in the package.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 3 weeks later...
Never booked these beach packages at MBCC.

But unless you want to kayak and snorkel and have a reserved clam shell beach chair and ride the sky ride, there's really no need to book an excursion. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach from the ship. No entry fee. Plenty of free loungers (just not clam shells). Drink, food available. You can independently pay for any of the amenities offered in the package.

Thanks for that info.

Never been to mahogany bay and had questions as to if an excursion is needed or we simply walk off the carnival ship...Walk to the beach and enjoy the day. Wasn't sure if there were loungers available for us for free...If we got hungry could we just walk back to the boat for lunch ? Is there one place that is nicer on the beach than another . Can we rent paddle boards or jet skis while there or what else is there to do at mahogany bay. Any info will help as never been here. Will be here in March with my two daughters..21. thanks !

Hi, if you click on my signature with the excursion review for Roatan, you will get to see what the clam shells and lounge chairs look like. I also posted some pics of the pier and the water toys that can be rented there without prepaying for them on the ship. Hope it help you a little for what you were looking for.

And yes, if you want to walk back to the boat for lunch and go back to the beach after- it is really simple. Just keep note that all loungers ( white free ones) are first come first serve like the (pay for) clam shells.

We have been to Mahogany Bay a few times but never stayed. Always went to West Bay Beach, etc. Very nice at MB though and the price is right - free! Not sure about jet skis but they do have other items to use and rent. Wish I could be of more help. Have a great time! Roatan is awesome!

• 9 months later...
Ok, quick question. I've been before to Roatan but this time I'm with my sister who is wanting just to get off the ship and relax for a day without buses, transports, etc.

I'm looking at the Ultimate Beach package which is 74.99 on the Carnival site. Here's the description....

The Best Price Guarantee

Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*

EXCURSION DETAILS PRINT

This fabulous package includes everything you and your guest need for fun in the sun at Mahogany Beach!

Enjoy a scenic chairlift ride aboard the Magical Flying Beach Chair from the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center to Mahogany Beach.

Board your two-person kayak and paddle, from shore, through the crystal blue waters.

Then, go under the surface with your snorkeling gear to see the amazing marine life up close.

After your underwater adventure, you can both relax on your beach float in the water or, under the shade of your own clam shell on shore.

Note: Package accommodates 2 guests. Includes chair lift transfers, clam shell, two beach floats, snorkeling gear and kayaking. One ticket purchases the entrance for two. Minimum height requirement for chair lift is 32 inches

So when I go to book that it wants to add both my sister and I to the cart at the price per person but the description clearly states that one ticket accommodates two guests. The other lesser packages say "per pair" in the description.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

The sky ride costs $12. pp, add about $5-10 pp for each snorkle, kayak. There is a $49. for 2 sky ride/cabana/float you can get if you don't do the others, or bring your own snorkle gear.

As others have said, you can walk it for free, loungers are free, cabanas aren't. The sky ride is unlimited use, so you can go back to the ship for free/better food, then ride back. Of course you could walk it if you're into that!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do they know who paid for the sky ride? Is it on your sail card or is it on a wristband? We are 5 people in the party and only 2 people were going to use the sky ride...but if one of the others wanted to, could we "borrow" it?

Does anyone have current pricing for Mahogany Bay - like what does it cost to rent a clam shell, snorkeling equipment, paddle board or float, etc?

I'll try to help-but if anyone has more updated info- please feel free to provide:

paddle boarding- this was available when we went

167a0iw.jpg

sky ride - it was a taped/sealed wristband like they put on the kids in Camp Carnival so it could not be shared. someone actually physically put this on our wrists

again- my experience. hth.

Edited by stressedmomof3
add pic

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, GotMINI said:

How do they know who paid for the sky ride? Is it on your sail card or is it on a wristband? We are 5 people in the party and only 2 people were going to use the sky ride...but if one of the others wanted to, could we "borrow" it?

Does anyone have current pricing for Mahogany Bay - like what does it cost to rent a clam shell, snorkeling equipment, paddle board or float, etc?

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/mahogany-bay/ultimate-beach-package-518037

I believe clam shells are reserved for those doing the Ultimate Beach package. But the price list on the beach says $26 all day.

Snorkel sets are $20 all day.  Floats are $9 all day.  SUPs $18 for 1/2 hour. Kayaks are $19 for single, $26 for double (1/2 hour).  Paddle boats and Aqua cycles are $26 for 2, $60 for 4seater (1/2 hour).