why are the british isles/western europe posts mixing old and new

maybe it is your settings ?

If you click on your I.D. top right then user control panel then the British isles forum should come up then look on the right side

& under display options > sort order in the pull down menu make sure it is ascending

then refresh your browser & see if that works

I'm looking for info on Belfast. Out of curiosity I opened a post on the first page of this forum and see it's from 2012.

Is something different?

How do I find current posts only?

Some of the threads in this forum are very long-running threads with a great deal of accumulated advice and wisdom. So if you start at the beginning of the thread, you may find that it was started a very long time ago even though last post or posts are much more recent.

Or there may just have been a "holy thread resurrection, Batman": London for a first Timer. is a recent example of this, in which the OP (who started the thread in 2012) came back after six years to say thank you.

These long threads are often better threads to read than the mindless posting of new threads asking "Where's the best area to stay in London?" by people who clearly haven't bothered to do even the most cursory search of this forum to see how much good advice has already been posted in existing threads. It's sometimes tempting to post rubbish in reply to these questions.

So far as the forum thread listing is concerned, I too see the threads properly listed in descending order of time of last post.