Would this flight from FLL work?

adamt

It's been some time since we've cruised out of Fort Lauderdale.

Cruise gets back at 8, we can get a great flight that leaves at 1130am. Can we make that? I can't recall what the port, traffic situation, etc was like at the FL port.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Assuming that your cruise arrives in port on time, you should be able to make it (I have booked this early without a problem a number of times). Of course, the arrival day of the week will make a difference (mid-week the best) as well as the number of ships arriving the same day as yours.

To be super safe, be sure to self-disembark or get off with the first group. Take a taxi for the 10 minute ride to the airport. If you have TSA Precheck, all the better. Security lines get long around 9 AM.

Port Everglades to FLL is about a 15 minute taxi ride. For an 1130 flight you need to be at FLL NLT 10:00 (9:30 is better). That translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by 9:15. Should be easy!

Have a great cruise! :D

Hi, I am a concierge in Fort Lauderdale who is getting my master's degree in hospitality management. I joined this forus for a class project and plan on helping out as many people as possible with my expertise. I have worked locally for over 20 years so feel free to ask me anything from restaurant advice to tours to transportation!

You should be fine! But, I have noticed the security check in lines at the airport have been getting longer and longer, especially post cruise. Something to consider....

Hi, I am a concierge in Fort Lauderdale who is getting my master's degree in hospitality management. I joined this forus for a class project and plan on helping out as many people as possible with my expertise. I have worked locally for over 20 years so feel free to ask me anything from restaurant advice to tours to transportation!

You should be fine! But, I have noticed the security check in lines at the airport have been getting longer and longer, especially post cruise. Something to consider....

Welcome to the boards! :D Always good to have more local expertise.