Eastern Carribean cruise beaches

believer33323

We are booked for the following Island ports.

George Town, Grand Cayman,

Falmouth, Jamaica,

Labadee, Haiti.

MyDW and I just want to Shop a little but mostly hang out at the beach. As I read other posts it seems that to be at a beach you either need to take a cab, or an excursion. Any input as to my options at the ports??

Out of the three we have only been to Grand Cayman and we take a taxi to the Reef Grill at Royal Palms because it's a great spot to enjoy an excellent burger and cold beer and then either relax on the beautiful Seven Mile Beach or rent a jst-ski and cruise the shore. Not too far from the tender and leaves plenty of time for shopping for that black coral necklace for your DW! Don't miss the stingray sandbar excursion if you haven't tried that.

Out of the three we have only been to Grand Cayman and we take a taxi to the Reef Grill at Royal Palms because it's a great spot to enjoy an excellent burger and cold beer and then either relax on the beautiful Seven Mile Beach or rent a jst-ski and cruise the shore. Not too far from the tender and leaves plenty of time for shopping for that black coral necklace for your DW! Don't miss the stingray sandbar excursion if you haven't tried that.

Which Company did you use for the for the Stingray Sandbar Excursion. I came across this one.

http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/stingray_city_buccaneer_excursion.htm#reservation

but RCCL also has an excursion which sounds about the same, only $7.00 more pp. I'm OK with that since I prefer to use the cruise line excursions (When practical and as good of quality within reason) due to the benefits (one of them is not being left behind which is a big concern to me when I am at a place never been before)

we booked directly through Carnival as it was our very first cruise and we were new at traveling outside the US. The ling you provided as well as shoretrips.com are other choices. Just be sure it's the sandbar excursion and not the other shallow option. It's a 20 or 30 min boat ride out to the sand bar but worth it.

We are booked for the following Island ports.

George Town, Grand Cayman,

Falmouth, Jamaica,

Labadee, Haiti.

MyDW and I just want to Shop a little but mostly hang out at the beach. As I read other posts it seems that to be at a beach you either need to take a cab, or an excursion. Any input as to my options at the ports??

That is really a western cruise, but needless some options:

If you just want a beach on Grand Cayman grab a cab and go to Seven Mile beach.

Labadee is a "private island", that is nothing more than a beach stop.

Can't help with Jamaica.

You are correct it is the Western. Oh Well.

We (Well I. My wife is a little scared of the Stingray thing) decided to go with the Moby Dick Stingray City Company Excursion. It's not through RCCL but I don't see any issues with it. (I hope)

There are a number of good Sting Ray City tours on Grand cayman. We have used Native Ways but have not heard anything bad about Moby Dick.

• 1 month later...

Archived