AMA optional Mozart concert in Vienna

moatenote

Cruising (first timers!) on the AMA Prima in May. Trying to decide whether to pay for the evening Mozart concert in Vienna or not. It's rather expensive and I would like to hear from fellow cruisers who have taken this option. Thanks.

We did this concert. It's personal opinion, of course - it was cute and a bit fun, but the venue was very warm and the small seats were snug next to each other. In other words, it was uncomfortable. The concerts are geared toward tourists. We had been in Vienna on our own a year before the river cruise and avoided the concerts then, but we bit the bullet on the river cruise. If you do a google search, you'll find some reviews with more details about the concerts.

but glad I did it ONE time,just to say I did.BUT,and a big one.IF YOU CAN find one on own and same time,go for it.I tried and could NOT.My DH hated it and snoozed thru most(typical).

So on last one,we passed and went into town for dinner on own.Got a taxi to ship and back,very easy.Some just stayed on board,but dinner was early that nite due to concert.

So, a choice,I m afraid.;)

My husband and I did this one a few years ago. The musicians were very capable but looked a little bored. Just be advised it's strictly for tourists and consists mostly of "greatest hits" numbers from Strauss and Mozart. I also recall that the room got pretty warm and the seats were close together.

We were on a Viking cruise. At first I did not want to do the concert, but then changed my mind and was happy I did.

We saw the Vienna Residence Orchestra. Yes, the show is just for groups of tourists. The night we were there it was basically the passengers from 2 different Viking ships, BUT...it was really entertaining. Singing, dancing, music, good quality talent and was really a great evening.

Yes, a little on the expensive side, but really made our all to short stay in Vienna a really memorable experience. Oh, and the venue where the concert was held was very impressive too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ViennaRO

Edited by Cary Cruiser