Ncl star los angelos post trip dont waste your money

adamaimeemom

Our cruise on the Star disembarked in LA on March 11. We had booked the excursion to LAX that included the Farmers Market and Olvera Street, among other locations. We had time to get off the bus to go through the Avila adobe, then Hollywood Blvd & Highland (where Hollywood Blvd was shut down for a block for filming) and then at the Farmers Market where we could purchase our own lunches. We have been to LA several times but had never done Olvera Street or the Farmers Market. We were familiar with Hollywood Blvd, having been to the El Capitan theatre and Walk of Fame before, so we used our time to nip into the Disney Soda Fountain shoppe for sundaes and to purchase some Ghirardelli chocolate! We were fortunate to have an engaging guide who shared his own experiences in Hollywood and had our driver follow an interesting route that we hadn't taken to the airport before. We chose a tour over renting a car because of its convenience. There isn't a rental agency at the pier so it was simple to have our luggage loaded onto the bus and then ride to the airport. We're considering doing the same one in October after the Bliss repo - hopefully it will be the same!

what time did you leave the ship and what time did you get to the airport? we plan on taking that tour...

Driving up PCH is very pretty, there is the Santa Monica Pier. There are also the Science Museums and the La Brea Tar Pits. Parking sucks around the La Brea Tar Pits but there are parking garages. The television studios have stand by tickets to see tapings of TV shows too. You will NOT be able to see it all, pick the thing you want to do most. If you want to see the ocean I vote for the drive up PCH, eat at Dukes or Gladstones and then hit the Santa Monica Pier. There is a pedestrian walkway at the secluded beach near where the stars live. You’ll find this open gate at the address 22126 PCH in Malibu. Carbon Beach is a gradually sloping beach which makes it great for taking off your shoes and kicking around in the shallow surf. Just note that at high tides the beach is mostly, if not all, wet. This eastern section of Carbon Beach

we will be in LA next month and have rented a car for the day. can anyone share with me the must see areas? we were thinking of driving up to Malibu - worth it?

Driving up PCH is very pretty, there is the Santa Monica Pier. There are also the Science Museums and the La Brea Tar Pits. Parking sucks around the La Brea Tar Pits but there are parking garages. The television studios have stand by tickets to see tapings of TV shows too. You will NOT be able to see it all, pick the thing you want to do most. If you want to see the ocean I vote for the drive up PCH, eat at Dukes or Gladstones and then hit the Santa Monica Pier. There is a pedestrian walkway at the secluded beach near where the stars live. You’ll find this open gate at the address 22126 PCH in Malibu. Carbon Beach is a gradually sloping beach which makes it great for taking off your shoes and kicking around in the shallow surf. Just note that at high tides the beach is mostly, if not all, wet. This eastern section of Carbon Beach

This reminds me, the better getty to see, my opinion of course, is the old one of pch. You can make a reservation and it’s free. Of course, I’m a fan of greek history.

what time did you leave the ship and what time did you get to the airport? we plan on taking that tour...
Shore excursion tickets had a meeting time of about 8:15 in the Stardust Theater then when the ship is cleared you disembark, pick up luggage, go through customs then to the bus. So we left the port by maybe 9:30 or so. We recall we were at the airport by 3:00.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

Here is a rule of thumb taking vacations. Stay away from tourist traps. Many years ago I was in LA and wanted to see the "famous" Venice Beach. Every local said, don't go. Its a dirty tourist trap with lousy street performers. But I ignored them and went anyway.

Here in Miami I am shocked at what people are taken to on tours. I was walking in downtown Miami a few years ago and a German tourist couple had a tourist map of Miami for places to see. The tour buses and this map take the tourists to southwest 8th st "Calle Ocho." Its a crowded and dirty street but the bus stops and people get off and take pictures. It may be a famous street in Miami but you could say that about every street really. The restaurants make good money because the bus stops in front of certain establishments.

To each their own. Unless I needed to go to SW 8 st, I would never go there.