Princess Tahiti Excursions

seafish

The on-line Princess Cruise Personalizer shows that ship excursions are available 120 Days Prior to Departure. We are now inside the 120 day window and my completed Cruise Personalizer still shows that excursions are "not yet available". Has anyone else had this experience - or, have you been able to pre-book Princess excursions on-line at the 120 day mark? If no - when?Appreciate any input on this. Thanks - SeaFish

I can't really answer your question. But, have you considered booking your own excursions, either online ahead of time, or at the pier? Read the posts here, or on some of the ongoing roll calls for the TP.

A good website to find info is: thetahititraveler, for FP info and tours. Marc of Huahinie-Nautique is the best! Moorea Boat Tour and Dr. Michael Poole, both on Moorea, are great! Stephan of Raiatea (found in the visitor's building on the pier) and onshore at Bora Bora, is great. So is Bruno on Raiatea, others in our group used him and said it was excellent!

I'll try to think of the others. Or maybe someone else has other good ideas. Or, maybe you're interested in something other than water activites, then let us know. Several on here have been a couple of times, and are going again!

I agree with Nita, book your own. There are always tours you can pick up onshore. We picked up a shark/ray feeding/motu picnic on Moorea through Albert tours, that went the same places as the Princess tour for about 1/3 less money. We will be picking up all of our tours onshore, except for Marc's on Huahine which we have already reserved. If youare sold on doing them through Princess, they may not be available more than 30-60 days out for this location.

NitaBcruising - thank you for the info-it is appreciated. We've done the Tahiti cruise before-and for all cruises we usually do book our own excursions, car rentals, hotels, etc. However-for the Feb 2005 TP cruise-we will probably book 1 or 2 Princess excursions due to the compressed Princess itinerary/port times for this cruise. We will also be doing pre/post Moorea ICBC. We have most all of our other excursions already booked...just need to pre-book the Princess excursions for the fill-ins. I totally agree that you get more for less booking independently when it makes sense from a tour quality and timing standpoint. I've heard other say that they were unable to pre-book Princess excursion at their website when suppose to be available - so I was just trying to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem for the TP cruise whether they booked or not with Princess. Again - thanks for the info. SeaFish

laurieb - thanks very much for the info. Understand & agree on the Princess excursions cost issue. Just need to fill-in a timeslot where we cannot do a independent tour due to our itinerary. Looks like Princess excursions were available for your cruise at about 75 day mark. So - we have some time to go. Again - thanks for the info....and - have a fantastic trip. SeaFish

Archived