My View: Carnival Magic November 2016...A picture heavy report

APDMOM

My view: Entertainment!

I am cheating a bit again by copying my response to a question posted here on CC...

The visual effects in Flick were excellent - music was a bit loud and forced, but still an enjoyable experience.

88 Keys was very good with excellent voice talent.

Dolce (the string trio) is nothing like a traditional string trio. They are cutting edge - supreme quality and definitely worth planning your schedule around their performances.

Music and Magic (couple singing with keyboard) is a great duo. We first heard them on Fascination and we thoroughly enjoyed their music and performance. They sing light rock from the 70's to now... very relaxing - Ocean Plaza was packed most of the time they performed there.

The girl in the piano bar (Elizabeth) is new to the ship, but shows a lot of potential.

We only really disliked the "country" duo. They sang with guitar accompaniment by the guy. They tried hard, but the girl was often off key and the guy frequently missed chords, causing them to sing in one key while throwing in chords from another key. They should stick to songs they know well. They took audience requests, which was their downfall - they did not even know all the words of the songs they tried to perform. They seem to be more familiar with modern country - not Gearge Strait, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, etc... They mimic Band Perry fairly well, but don't expect our good old 90's country from them.

Our final ship tour: The MDR. There are two main dining rooms - Northern lights (midship) and Southern lights (aft). They look a lot alike, but Southern Lights has more large group seating, as well as the aft view.

Our table in Northern Lights:

934b88bb1f07414957f80e3222981372.jpg

Random dining room pics:

27121ae0b890c804dc9de2619762c22b.jpg

cf088b699e5e7bc8caba90891359f2b4.jpg

d68e00c432c023c54c6b0998e0e0f20e.jpg

87b48cd1a807f74ce34f6a15b9fcb5d8.jpg

3eb22bc35877f42a5889de2aa11d0c47.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Too soon it was time to listen to...

"All your bags are packed..."

2adcc7f5cec8bbaf86523ee2a8a72ce4.jpg

".....you're leaving our Fun Ship..."

65a7affbea4b5317a7aa2e1c1c6aba89.jpg

044e798dd3a78809bdfeb350f9ae051e.jpg

Our fantastic dining team: Ninja and Putu.... (give Putu a hug from us if you see her):

34ade3458eed0bc81ed401fa25301473.jpg

My View: Debarkation day... a bitter-sweet arrival in Port Canaveral. We saw our summer ship in port:

13550f10fdff53f76dfeaa8ee24ce558.jpg

Hello, Lady O!

404dd1ce5912bb4535e6aa826717e68a.jpg

Goodbye, Magic!

a315e6cf68537750c32635a6df81bdd4.jpg

As we disembarked, they were just starting to decorate the ship. Oh, how I wish this could have been a back-to-back cruise!

a771ccbed0c5e6157778ba937db1a5a3.jpg

912b92f5a190a288c167c3cc42eaaa18.jpg

But wait!!! That's not all!

This weekend, I will add the Fun Times and "Guess that Dish" pictures (for those who are interested).

Thank you for reading along, scrolling through the pictures, making kind comments, and sharing in my cruise memories.

Until next time.... May the sun shine warm upon your face...

70e631ff827c9d72cd5bc55e9b9727ea.jpg

Thanks, crazyboys :)

I bought the hooks from Amazon. They are $10 for a pack of 2. I have had mine for several years, and they are as good as new. They have padding on the back, so they do not damage the surface. We use them all the time.

Search for Magnetized Tool Hooks For Grill-Fridge-Cabinet (Set of 2).

Thanks APDMOM. I found them. We will be on Magic November 4, 2017.:)

Thanks for all the great pictures and review. Getting excited for my spring trip and this really amped up the excitement. Looking forward to name that dish.;)

You are welcome! Hopefully we will have enough Carnival veterans who can help name that dish :D I will have to remember to take menu pictures in the future!

You did a wonderful job on this review. It was almost like sailing again. We had an awesome time on this ship. First saw Music & Magic on the Victory in 12/2007 on our Honeymoon Cruise. We have looked for them on every ship since. This was a nice surprise. If I remember correctly there next contract is on the Sunshine.

Will be sad to see the Magic leave Port Canaveral. As this is the closest port with a larger ship than the Fantasy class for us.

You did a wonderful job on this review. It was almost like sailing again. We had an awesome time on this ship. First saw Music & Magic on the Victory in 12/2007 on our Honeymoon Cruise. We have looked for them on every ship since. This was a nice surprise. If I remember correctly there next contract is on the Sunshine.

Will be sad to see the Magic leave Port Canaveral. As this is the closest port with a larger ship than the Fantasy class for us.

Thanks, fuzzmane!

If rumor is true, Carnival Breeze will replace Magic, which is another one of the Dream class ships we want to experience. In fact, we were actually booked on Breeze when we initially made our booking, but they moved Breeze out of Florida after we booked, so we ended up on Magic. :)

Edited by APDMOM

Thank you for the review and pics. We sail on the Magic next month so looking forward to the funtimes and we are going to make guess that meal an actual game with points.

Glad you enjoyed the review! I will post the Fun Times tomorrow, as I have to either scan them or take pictures tonight. Enjoy planning!

Thank you for posting the pictures and reviews of your Magic cruise. It sure helps others who are waiting their cruise to dream and pass the time until the actual event. I even felt a little sad as I looked at your final pictures and remember the melancholy the last day can bring on. Happy cruising!

Thanks for your post. We have 92 days until we sail on the Magic. This makes the wait a little bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting the pictures and reviews of your Magic cruise. It sure helps others who are waiting their cruise to dream and pass the time until the actual event. I even felt a little sad as I looked at your final pictures and remember the melancholy the last day can bring on. Happy cruising!

You are welome! It helps me count down too :D