My View: Carnival Magic November 2016...A picture heavy report

APDMOM

The Carnival Hub app is a GREAT feature! (It worked most of the time) Remember to download it before you leave home. It will not work until you board the ship, but there are many features you can use without paying for internet. This included the daily schedule and open times of venues on the ship. I took a few screen shots. Also, you could see your onboard account (spending) on the app. Carnival no longer prints out a copy of your spending, so a screen shot of your account is a great way to know what your final bill will be. Alternately, you can use a kiosk to print your bill, or go to guest services to get a hard copy. The kiosks did not work well - the screens are getting old and they do not recognize touch well.

I see there is a chat feature on the HUB. can you use it to contact other members on board without having to pay for wifi?

I see there is a chat feature on the HUB. can you use it to contact other members on board without having to pay for wifi?

You pay a lower amount to use the chat feature. I believe it is $5 per device for the duration of the cruise.

That may be why we were in Northern Lights. We had early dining assigned, but we e-mailed a request for a table for 5. There were nice booths close to our table which may be good for a party of 4. Hope you get what you are looking for in a dining experience! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello APDMoM! Thank you for sharing your photos--great memories for you and very informative for us...cruising April 22. You mentioned that you emailed your request for a table for your group, can you please share the name & email? We are a group of 15 and we would like to be accommodated in one large table, if possible. Looks like the Southern Lights would be ideal for our group. Thanks much!

Hello APDMoM! Thank you for sharing your photos--great memories for you and very informative for us...cruising April 22. You mentioned that you emailed your request for a table for your group, can you please share the name & email? We are a group of 15 and we would like to be accommodated in one large table, if possible. Looks like the Southern Lights would be ideal for our group. Thanks much!

Hi, outandabout! Thanks for reading along. I believe we emailed the following address: MCmaitred@carnival.com

We did not have a name, so I just addressed it "To whom it may concern"

I included our last names and both our reservation numbers. I agree that Southern Lights would be a great option for you. They had very long tables in the back, where you can even see the wake :)

Hope you get the perfect dining assignment!