Copenhagen Denmark, Shuttle bus Oceankaj to Norreport Stn.

dapperron

1. Where exactly do I get the shuttle bus from Oceankaj cruise terminal to Norreport Subway Stn?

2. Can I use visa to purchase tickets on the subway system?

3. Is Enghave Stn. close Carlsberg Brewery?

4. Are the subway signs in Danish and English?

• 1 month later...
1. Where exactly do I get the shuttle bus from Oceankaj cruise terminal to Norreport Subway Stn?

Try google maps, Oceankaj, copenhagen. You will see small bus signs. The bus stop is close to the T between Oceanvej and Oceankaj.

Not in the buses. You an buy a 24 hour ticket. That's probably your best option as a guest in the city. I believe there is a ticket office at the pier.

3. Is Enghave Stn. close Carlsberg Brewery?
Enghave Station doesn't exist anymore. It's called Carlsberg Station now (not quite the same location, but a bit closer)

4. Are the subway signs in Danish and English?
Some of them are, but everyone in Denmark has had at least five years of English lessons - most much more. You'll be fine asking for help in English.

ETA: And you probably don't need this information anymore :)

Thank you for the info. My wife and I will be on the Sapphire Princess Baltic Heritage Cruise next Sept. 2018

Ron & Kathy L

You are so welcome. The terminal area sucks!! It's barren and quite far from anything else. Not a single shop or cafe. But as soon as you get to the center of town (which is not far) most interesting things are within walking distance.

Feel free to ask more questions. I've lived in this city the last 50+ years :)

You are so welcome. The terminal area sucks!! It's barren and quite far from anything else. Not a single shop or cafe. But as soon as you get to the center of town (which is not far) most interesting things are within walking distance.

We have always enjoyed visiting your city :). As only English speaking folks we never have any problem in Copenhagen (or Denmark) just using English. By the way, at the risk of telling you something you know...on our last visit we found a really nice little French restaurant with reasonable prices and an excellent chef. Its called Brasserie Degas....and its more of a quaint bar/restaurant than a traditional Brasserie.

Hank

We have always enjoyed visiting your city :). As only English speaking folks we never have any problem in Copenhagen (or Denmark) just using English. By the way, at the risk of telling you something you know...on our last visit we found a really nice little French restaurant with reasonable prices and an excellent chef. Its called Brasserie Degas....and its more of a quaint bar/restaurant than a traditional Brasserie.

Hank

Thank you. Yes, most speak English. It’s kimd of necessary when your language is only spoken by apx 5 mill people :)

I haven’t in fact tried Degas. It sounds as if I should.

(The Oceankaj terminal still is horrible, IMNSHO)

Why do you think the Oceankaj terminal is so horrible.

The terminal seems adequate for its purpose and its alot better than the old freeport terminal.

Of all the reviews I have read there has not been comments on the terminals but only on the traffic situation (mostly shortage of taxies) but that has nothing to do with the terminals. :p

Why do you think the Oceankaj terminal is so horrible.

The terminal seems adequate for its purpose and its alot better than the old freeport terminal.

Of all the reviews I have read there has not been comments on the terminals but only on the traffic situation (mostly shortage of taxies) but that has nothing to do with the terminals. :p

Mostly because there is nothing there. It’s literally a hole in the ground (et hul i jorden). The surroundings are empty or old left containers. It looks like it will someday be turned into recreational areas or apartment buildings, but as now it looks like a dumpster. And if you just feel like getting off the ship and stretching your legs, but not really taking a trip to town there's absolutely nothing to look at.

I’m sure the new terminal buildings are functional, and I actually like the architecture. It’s the surroundings I don’t like.

As soon as you get on the bus and ride to Østerport Station you’re fine (as I’m sure you’re fully aware of)

Well thats the negative thing about being a firstcomer.

Well I just hope that they will start on the metro extension sooner than later because that will make it more accessible.

The planned Nordhavn tunnel will of course also make it more easy to reach, but it will still look like a wasteland :D

Well thats the negative thing about being a firstcomer.

Well I just hope that they will start on the metro extension sooner than later because that will make it more accessible.

The planned Nordhavn tunnel will of course also make it more easy to reach, but it will still look like a wasteland :D

True. And already now it’s much easier to reach from the north with the new road from Ryparken to Svanemøllen.

So we’re arriving on the Regal Princess for the day on Sunday, April 29.....does the Hop on Hop off bus stop at the end of the pier....I’m new at this, but how do we get to the main part of town? Or is there a shuttle??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we’re arriving on the Regal Princess for the day on Sunday, April 29.....does the Hop on Hop off bus stop at the end of the pier....I’m new at this, but how do we get to the main part of town? Or is there a shuttle??

As per above question, we’ll be at Oceankaj pier

I can only refer to the Wonderful Copenhagen thread.

But to be nice i will answer. :D

Take bus 25 to Østerport or Nørreport or bus 27 to Østerport.

From Nørreport you are in the edge of the pedestrian area but from Østerport you need to change to the 26 bus towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

And the red ho/ho bus has a shuttle between Oceankaj and the little mermaid where you can change to the regular ho/ho bus.

I can only refer to the Wonderful Copenhagen thread.

But to be nice i will answer. :D

Take bus 25 to Østerport or Nørreport or bus 27 to Østerport.

From Nørreport you are in the edge of the pedestrian area but from Østerport you need to change to the 26 bus towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

And the red ho/ho bus has a shuttle between Oceankaj and the little mermaid where you can change to the regular ho/ho bus.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.....that’s very helpful for us!!

# 25/27 bus stop is opposite Unicef building....follow green dots to bus stop

at Oceankaj, on the way to the bus stop, we went past a tourist information office and used our credit card to purchase our ticket for the day.

We are coming to Copenhagen on June 12th 2018 on Celebrity Silhouette, just for a day stop and have been told by Celebrity that we dock at Frihaven Freeport Berth 245 but the Copenhagen Port Website says that we dock at Langelinie. Looking at it, Langelinie looks easier to get into the city. It would be good for planning purposes to be sure where we dock - does anyone know for sure ?

I have read that Langelinie is used for day visits (which is us) and that OceanKaj/Frihaven is used for cruises starting and ending in Copenhagen which would imply that we will dock in Langelinie ?

The freeport terminal is rarely used and on this day the only ships in port are Regal Princess at Oceankaj and Celebrity Silhuette and Balmoral at Langelinie so I think its a good bet that Langelinie is the pier.

Langelinie can host 3 ships at a time so its not even filled up and Oceankaj has room for 2 more ships on that day so I'm 100% sure that its not the freeport.

The freeport terminal is rarely used and on this day the only ships in port are Regal Princess at Oceankaj and Celebrity Silhuette and Balmoral at Langelinie so I think its a good bet that Langelinie is the pier.

Langelinie can host 3 ships at a time so its not even filled up and Oceankaj has room for 2 more ships on that day so I'm 100% sure that its not the freeport.

Thanks, I hope it is Langelinie