Armonia..omg...omg!!!!

Ajkcruiser

:D lol , absolutely loving your excitement. :D

Great to hear you enjoyed a wonderful cruise! Hey, why not write a review about it? We were on the Armonia two months ago and I still feel like cruising, since I won't be done with the review for at least another month.:D:D:D

Perfect method of extending your wonderful cruise experience:D!!!

Stef

Probably the photos will come first....

I am still struggling with the memories of the amazing time....Looks like I will need to venture out to South America.....Divina too big and French food on the Caribbean brings me weight problem.

LOOOOOVVVED MSC Armonia

AJ

http://public.fotki.com/18012003/msc-food/

Will explain in detail later.... but just few things.....

Lunch in main restaurant...3 standart menus to choose from Meat/Fish/Veggie plus a daily special in every section.

Breakfast in Main restaurant a la cart or buffet... Fresh bread being served by the bread boy...soooo fresh

Dinner in main restaurant....Portions were my size...super tasty food

Buffett Lots of choices... always Parmesan, Prosciutto, and other cuts being shaved in front of you.

Pizza ..YESSSS different types every day,,, thin crust made on premises by 7 am...then if friendly like me.... Pizzaiolo (Franco) will make you a pizza IF YOU WAIT...NOT in front of the counter.

Drinks amazing....appetizers being served while live show took place

Menu posted everyday outside after lunch

Midnite sandwiches until 2 am

Yes.,,,, I gained lots of weight.... Too bad Divina TA is sold out for Spring

Enjoy

AJ

Edited by Ajkcruiser

Can you tell me if the cabins on the Armonia were updated during the recent refit? I notice on the website it still shows old TVs in the cabin photos. I would hope they would have at least replaced all of the old TVs with flat screen LEDs. Looks like they may have only done that with the new cabins that were added but not the older ones?

Hi everybody!! I am new in this fórum, I'm from Spain (Canary Isles ;) ),so sorry about my bad English!! I'll make a cruise in July in the Armonia, and would like to ask you something that got me really worried:

It moves quite a lot? people get sick easily in this ship? because I read some people's experience about this, and they say it moves a lot, but want to know your experience!

Thanks so much in advance!

The dry dock left the Armonia with new flat screen TVs... I was in a cabin that was not modified,,, but it was lovely...

New linen and pillows for sure,,,will post pics soon

Can you tell me if the cabins on the Armonia were updated during the recent refit? I notice on the website it still shows old TVs in the cabin photos. I would hope they would have at least replaced all of the old TVs with flat screen LEDs. Looks like they may have only done that with the new cabins that were added but not the older ones?

I have done my share of cruises with some rough waters to the point that tables slide from one side to the other...and this was the first time I was sick...and NO because there was bad weather...

Perhapas you should look into lower decks... I was in Deck 10 very high for the motion feeling.

But it wasa good to sleep...feeling rocked by....once awake...well... not so much fun... :(

AJ

Hi everybody!! I am new in this fórum, I'm from Spain (Canary Isles ;) ),so sorry about my bad English!! I'll make a cruise in July in the Armonia, and would like to ask you something that got me really worried:

It moves quite a lot? people get sick easily in this ship? because I read some people's experience about this, and they say it moves a lot, but want to know your experience!

Thanks so much in advance!

Ohhhh, then this will be a very uncomfortable cruise!! :mad: :(

Thanks so much!

And talking about the pillows.... You know if it's posible to ask for more pillows? because I've read that the one in the cabin is very thin.

Ohhhh, then this will be a very uncomfortable cruise!! :mad: :(

Thanks so much!

And talking about the pillows.... You know if it's posible to ask for more pillows? because I've read that the one in the cabin is very thin.

Yes you can ask for more pillows, just ask your cabin steward.

I think you're over worrying about seasickness. I've been on the Armonia (before it was stretched) and all her sisters many, many times and no one is sick all the time. Even those really sensitive to motion. July in the Med usually means fairly even sea conditions. Yes there is always the chance of a storm but it doesn't last 7 days and nights.

Yes you can ask for more pillows, just ask your cabin steward.

I think you're over worrying about seasickness. I've been on the Armonia (before it was stretched) and all her sisters many, many times and no one is sick all the time. Even those really sensitive to motion. July in the Med usually means fairly even sea conditions. Yes there is always the chance of a storm but it doesn't last 7 days and nights.

Fear of seasickness can be worse than the real thing. I am more prone to motion sickness than anyone else I know. I recognise the onset (drousiness, yawning and light headedness). If I am on a ship, I move to the least-moving part of the open deck (a little aft of the centre length-wise and nearest the centre across if there are no stabilisers) and look at things not moving so much - the clouds, land if in sight, or stars at night time. I usually find I am immune after 2 days onboard when my brain has got used to the movement of the ship. Short car journeys kill me though, I usually have to lie down afterwards :).

Guys, AmoMondo & Skipper Tim, thank you so much for your words. I copy and past it in my Trip Wordpad to read it again if I get worried during the cruise :D (That I don't think that happens! It's more the worries now because I have time to think and imagine lot of things, but I know onboard will forget all these fears!! :rolleyes::cool:

Greetings from Gran Canaria!

Hello everybody! I'm zenithienta's friend and, as she put in another post, we are travelling in this boat on 20th July.

I'm happy to see that you've had a lovely cruise, Ajkcruiser, I hope we have a perfect one too.

I'd like to ask you a few questions about the boat, taking advantage of your generosity: :rolleyes: :)

-Were you in a balcony stateroom? We are going to one of the news, so if you had any picture I'd thank to you.

-Can you tell us about the Room service menu?

-Did you use any day the "Express Lunch" option in the restaurant? Is it complimentary? Is it available all the days and in Marco Polo and La Pergola too?

Thanks for you help. :);)

Greetings from Barcelona (so I'm so sorry again about my level of English!)

MSC Armonia is a lovely ship and the service onboard is very good. We had a fantastic cruise from Las Palmas in January and we sailed in the new balcony cabin category. The cabins are rather small but very comfortable. Have a look at my video from the cabin here:

The Pronto Bistro ( Express ) lunch is included and served in both the main dining rooms, the La Pergola for Suite and Balcony cabin guests and Marco Polo for the other cabins. Very good lunch in a quiet enviroment with excellent food and service. Available all days :)