Crew adjustment post TA

My wife and I completely enjoyed following recent TA threads on Reflection and Freedom. So much so that we're looking into doing one in 2019.

Today I was reading new reviews for Freedom for the first Western Caribbean post TA. They were less than glowing with comments about poor service, untrained crew, Windjammer shortages and more.

It reminded me a little of our Northern Europe cruise on EOS a few years ago. We were the 3rd with that crew and there were obviously some personnel and training issues still being ironed out but nothing major.

So I'm wondering - do any of you intentionally avoid booking cruises just after a TA, TP or drydock?

... So I'm wondering - do any of you intentionally avoid booking cruises just after a TA, TP or drydock?

I've got no problem with cruises after a TA or TP. However, I would avoid cruises immediately before or after a dry dock.

I've got no problem with cruises after a TA or TP. However, I would avoid cruises immediately before or after a dry dock.

We found a website that lists refurb and dry dock schedules and we check it regularly before booking. It's not come into play yet but it's good to have.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

How was getting off Jewel in SJ?

It was a bit of a mess last year and affected the B2B passengers. At least one that I know rather personally. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

How was getting off Jewel in SJ?

It was a bit of a mess last year and affected the B2B passengers. At least one that I know rather personally. 😉

Very quick and easy this year. I don't know if they did this before, but there was no self-assist, so that really cleared things up.

The crew contracts rarely match the end of a TA or refurb. Having said that I would avoid a refurb before or after.

I don't know much about how the contracts work but some of the comments that prompted me to start this thread indicated that at least some of the crew was new. But that could have just been a perception on the part of the reviewers, too.

Being a smaller ship, how does Jewel in rough seas? We've never done a TA and it sounds like you folks are experienced at them.

Couldn't really tell much difference between Jewel, Vision, and Legend.