Some thoughts on the Breeze

cruisin_baker

I don't have a full photo review to offer, as many have been done before and much better photos than I took for sure...but I do have some thoughts of my own on the Breeze that I hope will be helpful to future guests.

Some background...I'm 47, DH 42...6 cruises over the last 10 years...5 with carnival, 1 with Celebrity. We turned gold this cruise!

I loved the layout of the ship....you don't get cut off half way thru by the galley like some other ships...and love the lanai and the ability to walk around the entire ship outside. We sailed on the New Years cruise so it was packed but you could always find somewhere to escape the crowds...our balcony helped as well! Lots of kids on board, but not annoyingly so.

We were in an ocean suite 7273. Great location but be aware that you hear the atrium music like it is in the room with you until well after midnight. We still slept ok so no complaints, just a heads up that it may be quieter a bit further away from the elevators. There seemed to be lots of adults yelling in the corridors late at night as well...could happen on any cruise, just a note about this one.

Buffet had tons of selection, both breakfast and supper. We did the steakhouse one night, supposed to be two, more on that in a minute! Meal there was one of the top 3 we've ever had. I had surf and turf, DH had filet mignon, both excellent, and service superb. Had Guy's burger...really good. Also had burrito for lunch...also really good. Ate in the dining room one night....haven't done the dining room in the last two cruises because we had pretty much given up...just everything about it was bad. So we gave it a shot...and it was still bad. The waiters looked like zombies, the food was pretty awful...it was rushed, waiter brought the wrong entree, and I quite literally could not understand a word he said, nor he a word I said. I had salmon..it was cooked and that as about it...no flavour at all...veggies inedible, rice cold. DH had cream of mushroom soup which was good, and filet mignon which was terrible. We couldn't understand how they could go from the meal at the steakhouse which was outstanding to this mess. Lesson learned..and again, just our experience.

So about second steakhouse night...I had booked two nights online back in February...Dec 29 and 31... I went to the steakhouse to confirm my reservations when we first got on board...I had email confirmations with me. Well, they had the 29th, but not the 31st :-( and apparently the email confirmation means nothing because if they don't have your reservation and there is no room, you are S.O.L. Kind of disappointing not to get to go New Years Eve, but we were glad to get in at all on the 29th. There was a man and woman there when we went to confirm with the same problem..."lost" reservation. He was completely freaking out at the girls and made quite the scene. To sum it up, the email confirmation you get may not mean much...just a heads up again.

Room steward was fantastic. He ended up fixing a problem with our online water order...again with the online ordering! Guest services gave us the runaround and weren't much help, but our room steward saved the day! And apparently there was some grout that was fixed while we were out of our room that I didn't even realize needed fixing..they let us know it was being done.

The pools are definitely crowded on sea days, but I find that on every ship. We're not really into the pool scene, so no big deal for us. And the lido music when the DJ is there is earsplitting. The people hanging out by the pool must have gone home deaf I'm sure. The Dive In movies were popular, as were the football games on January 1st.

Line ups can be long at peak times...if you go for breakfast at 8 or lunch at noon, you'll probably find a long line. Wait a half hour and you'll be fine. Lines move fast...no complaints.

This was a cruise that we took for some much needed downtime...we are small business owners that work long hours. We are early risers and early to bed! There was lots to do on the ship and more live music around the ship than I remember fom other cruises. New Year's Eve was a huge party....unfortunately we slept thru it...have to try for next year!

We went to karaoke one night...the usual good, bad and downright ugly performers. At least they had the guts to get up and sing! Then we went to the show in the theatre...Divas, I think it was. Well, let me put it this way....we should have stayed at karaoke. It was bad. Horrible background with lights that could induce a seizure, and 6-8 singers, none of whom could sing. If they had of let the karaoke bunch perform it would have been much better....just sayin'.

Any questions...I'd be happy to help. I just wanted to throw in my two cents worth.

Sent from my Ipad

How were the dinners in the Lido? Is there bar service for drinks and soda or is there a bar nearby?

Thanks for the heads up on confirming dining reservations, I don't think I would have thought to confirm on board.

I guess they know how to take the reservation, they just don't know how to hold the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself ....)

Dinners on lido were mostly good..they have one carving station, three or four other hot dishes, salads, etc. the pork roast was good, the prime rib was really rare, but they took my husbands and cooked it a little more for him. The only thing we didn't really like the look of was the roast turkey...just didn't look as good as mine at home, I guess! Bar service is on your own...but there's a bar at the aft pool we used no problem.

Sent from my Ipad

A nice review! We sail in 41 days and cannot wait! Especially since our windchill in -32 today ... I'm sure you're in the same boat (pun intended) being from Canada! :) I'm looking forward to the Breeze ... it's the biggest ship we will have cruised on. Keep warm! Kris. :)

I don't have a full photo review to offer, as many have been done before and much better photos than I took for sure...but I do have some thoughts of my own on the Breeze that I hope will be helpful to future guests.

Some background...I'm 47, DH 42...6 cruises over the last 10 years...5 with carnival, 1 with Celebrity. We turned gold this cruise!

I loved the layout of the ship....you don't get cut off half way thru by the galley like some other ships...and love the lanai and the ability to walk around the entire ship outside. We sailed on the New Years cruise so it was packed but you could always find somewhere to escape the crowds...our balcony helped as well! Lots of kids on board, but not annoyingly so.

We were in an ocean suite 7273. Great location but be aware that you hear the atrium music like it is in the room with you until well after midnight. We still slept ok so no complaints, just a heads up that it may be quieter a bit further away from the elevators. There seemed to be lots of adults yelling in the corridors late at night as well...could happen on any cruise, just a note about this one.

Buffet had tons of selection, both breakfast and supper. We did the steakhouse one night, supposed to be two, more on that in a minute! Meal there was one of the top 3 we've ever had. I had surf and turf, DH had filet mignon, both excellent, and service superb. Had Guy's burger...really good. Also had burrito for lunch...also really good. Ate in the dining room one night....haven't done the dining room in the last two cruises because we had pretty much given up...just everything about it was bad. So we gave it a shot...and it was still bad. The waiters looked like zombies, the food was pretty awful...it was rushed, waiter brought the wrong entree, and I quite literally could not understand a word he said, nor he a word I said. I had salmon..it was cooked and that as about it...no flavour at all...veggies inedible, rice cold. DH had cream of mushroom soup which was good, and filet mignon which was terrible. We couldn't understand how they could go from the meal at the steakhouse which was outstanding to this mess. Lesson learned..and again, just our experience.

So about second steakhouse night...I had booked two nights online back in February...Dec 29 and 31... I went to the steakhouse to confirm my reservations when we first got on board...I had email confirmations with me. Well, they had the 29th, but not the 31st :-( and apparently the email confirmation means nothing because if they don't have your reservation and there is no room, you are S.O.L. Kind of disappointing not to get to go New Years Eve, but we were glad to get in at all on the 29th. There was a man and woman there when we went to confirm with the same problem..."lost" reservation. He was completely freaking out at the girls and made quite the scene. To sum it up, the email confirmation you get may not mean much...just a heads up again.

Room steward was fantastic. He ended up fixing a problem with our online water order...again with the online ordering! Guest services gave us the runaround and weren't much help, but our room steward saved the day! And apparently there was some grout that was fixed while we were out of our room that I didn't even realize needed fixing..they let us know it was being done.

The pools are definitely crowded on sea days, but I find that on every ship. We're not really into the pool scene, so no big deal for us. And the lido music when the DJ is there is earsplitting. The people hanging out by the pool must have gone home deaf I'm sure. The Dive In movies were popular, as were the football games on January 1st.

Line ups can be long at peak times...if you go for breakfast at 8 or lunch at noon, you'll probably find a long line. Wait a half hour and you'll be fine. Lines move fast...no complaints.

This was a cruise that we took for some much needed downtime...we are small business owners that work long hours. We are early risers and early to bed! There was lots to do on the ship and more live music around the ship than I remember fom other cruises. New Year's Eve was a huge party....unfortunately we slept thru it...have to try for next year!

We went to karaoke one night...the usual good, bad and downright ugly performers. At least they had the guts to get up and sing! Then we went to the show in the theatre...Divas, I think it was. Well, let me put it this way....we should have stayed at karaoke. It was bad. Horrible background with lights that could induce a seizure, and 6-8 singers, none of whom could sing. If they had of let the karaoke bunch perform it would have been much better....just sayin'.

Any questions...I'd be happy to help. I just wanted to throw in my two cents worth.

Sent from my Ipad

We were on the breeze with you, my review is being worked on. We were also near you (family had a bunch of rooms, we were in 7257 OS and others in 7259,7261 and 7267 and 7277 and others).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Curious about noise issues around this area as well as we are in stateroom 7278 on the Feb 14th cruise. We are a few rooms down from the elevators (in one of the two regular balcony rooms mashed between the suites). I still have time to change rooms if needed.

Already did the Breeze in January 2014 and loved it. I actually prefer the dining room (MDR) for dinner every night, lido marketplace buffet for breakfast / brunch and Guy Burgers/Burrito/Pizza etc around the pool for lunch. If I get an MDR server I can't understand on the first night, I ask for a different table/server the next night. Typically I ask for a "happy, outgoing, experienced, talkative" server the first night at the hostess station when checking in for dinner.

Agreed re shows....I did the Dream back in 2011 and Magic in 2012 and the Theatre shows were a LOT better back then compared to the Theatre shows now.

Done both Carnival and RCL (Allure and Oasis) and the Carnival Buffet/Lido Marketplace is MUCH better than RCL!

• 1 month later...