Breeze 12/28/14 NYE sailing It's a family affair

jimbo5544

My family of four cruised over this past Thanksgiving on the Breeze, loved it! Great start to your review and looking forward to more (and seeing the t shirts!) ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the kind words. The tshirts are from a distance so they will be a little hard to make out (pic coming shortly). The Breeze is our favorite ship! We are returning on 4/5/15 for our 3rd voyage on the Breeze, the same itinerary with a very large group (for us anyway) of over 110 people.

I assume the champagne was in celebration of New Years. There would be much more of that to follow (but I am jumping ahead). We almost always travel with some others and usually no fewer than 15 people (and sometimes many more). As a result, we most often sit with our group in the MDR and pretty much follow the same customs (although everyone can do whatever they want). One of these rituals is where we gather for sail away, for breakfast and, yes for eating on Lido. For us, breakfast on Lido and getting something to eat when we get on a ship is always the aft most portion of Lido deck on the starboard side just inside the sliding door. For the life of me, I can't explain why that is, but we have been doing it for so long, we just "know" where we will meet up.

Having already gotten the first cocktail of the cruise when we vboarded, I was undecided on whether the first meal would be from Guys or from the deli. Taste won out over sense, and I headed back up to Guy's Burger Bar. Shockingly, there was only about 3 people in line ahead of me and soon enough I was back at our nrmal spot enjoying a smothered delicous burger.

There were several of that had one and my brother's son inlaw said that he had heard from someone that a fully packed Guy's burger was well over 2,000 calories.:confused: I amnot sure if that is truw, but hearing it before the first bite was somewhat disconcerting. Guess what, it disappeared anyway.;)

Hello Jimbo,

Loving your review.

Can you tell me who you used for transportation to

the Port? Thank you!

Sam

Thanks for the kind words. We have been using VIP shuttle for some time. I have read some not so glowing reports, but from our vantage point they have always come through and are a price leader.

After lunch there were 3 things that were on the close in agenda. These were: find a spot for our group pic and take it, attend the first CC meet and greet, and ahve some fun before muster drill.

We usually hang out in the aft section of ship, for sail away and at the aft pool during sea days. As we went out and looked around, we decided to go up to 11 and stand by the rail and find someone to take our group pic. One of the wait staff was more than happy to oblige and here is the result.

2znz6v4.jpg

Sorry for the size, but for some reason I could not re-size that pic. After completing that, I had another drink and it was then time to go to the first meet and greet.

M&G are finicky things, I had attended some really large ones and some that were...shall we say smaller than really large. There had been dome discussion on whther or not to have a M&G on Embarkation day, or on the first sea day. There was a fair amount of people from CC, some from FB and some from the Carnival site.

At any rate I went to where I thought the M&G was supposed to be (the bar on aft Lido) and waited a while and did not see anyone. I hung around for about 15 minutes and then headed back over to pool where the most of my group was.

Later on I discovered that while we said the aft area, no particuar mention was made of exactly where (my bad by the way). The good news is the M&G the next day was much better attended. A little while later on when we went back to the room just before the Muster drill, I saw on my phone that some had in fact tried to meet and said where they were (tables in the aft) and had posted looking for others.

Our group was in three separate muster areas, ours was the Ovation Lounge (lower area), and we meandered down there ahead of the alarm sounding. It went OK, with the only weird thing being there was a fairly long silence before Matt the CD ended the drill. Some epeople tried to leave and were I think stopped from doing so.

After Muster drill ended, we made a quick pitstop in the cabin and headed back up to Lido aft for sail away. We quickly found our groupon the port side and got a driunk as the Breeze had begun to pull out and begin our cruise.

To be continued........

Thanks! To be honest, it (the cost) grew and grew. This was a one shot deal for us, as we are approaching retirement and the income well dries up some. We covered airfare and an inside room. They all upgraded at their own cost to balcony, Ocean suites, and one a grand suite. We are very happy that we could do this, and the entire family being with us was "our" dream come true.

I will be turning 50 on this cruise, and all i asked for was a family trip while we can!! Soon our girls will be getting married then the grandkids (hopefully) will be coming along!! Wish we could have foot the bill but luckily the kids all have great jobs ( the one boyfriend owns his own company, boy he had a hard time getting the week off!!)

We are learning this week how important family time is!! My brother in law had a stroke the other day (only 58) and it isnt looking very good, so enjoy the family as much as you can!!!

I will be turning 50 on this cruise, and all i asked for was a family trip while we can!! Soon our girls will be getting married then the grandkids (hopefully) will be coming along!! Wish we could have foot the bill but luckily the kids all have great jobs ( the one boyfriend owns his own company, boy he had a hard time getting the week off!!)

We are learning this week how important family time is!! My brother in law had a stroke the other day (only 58) and it isnt looking very good, so enjoy the family as much as you can!!!

Totally agree, life is fleeting. I am a firm believer in living for today ( within reason of course ).

I am loving the review. We are doing the same itinerary in March. My DW and I have cruised numerous times, and twice on CCL, but never on the Breeze. Thanks for the great review so far, it is making me even more excited!

Glad I can add to your excitement. Having sailed Carnival 27 times (and 30 over all), we still get as excited (well maybe not quite as much) as the first time. I think you will love the Breeze, it is our favorite ship.

I love reading reviews here and have my favorites on those who write them (they know who they are, as I have told them more than once:)). Truth is I love reading all of them, the good ones and not so good - not their writing I mean, but the not so positive reviews. I have learned a lot more about Carnival as a result of reading reviews. Hopefully I can something to those who read mine.

Now back to your originally scheduled program....errr I mean the review.;)

Sail aways, just plain love them. We made our way up to the 10th floor (via the stairs I might add) and went out to Lido aft. A cocktail, taking some pics and watching the scenery as we begin to sail out of the "chute" is something I will never tire of. It is part excitemetn of beginning a cruise, part watching the wonderful scenery that sailing from Miami offers (in this case) and just part of the newness of returning to another cruise aboard a Carnival ship.

We had secured a couple of tables port aft and began to "really" enjoy our cruise. Here are some pics that can demonstrate it much more so than my words.

But it was time to get ready for dinner, so we made our way down to do just that. If I could I would slow down this portion of a cruise and make it last much, much longer. However, there was so much more fun to have.:D And we all know that Carnival has the FUN ships....

To be continued....... Edited by jimbo5544