Upscale Jazz Cruises?

Theme Cruises
Exchange info about the hot new trend of theme cruising!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:08 PM.
Orlando, FL
982 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a place to find a list of upcoming jazz-themed cruises? We have found a few on Celebrity Infinity, but were hoping for something besides the Caribbean (preferably international) and a bit smaller size ship than Infinity. I'm about to just start checking each cruise line's webpage, but was hoping maybe this information was already listed somewhere before I do.

Many thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Crystal Debussy River Cruise Bern to Amsterdam, plus Switzerland and Oslo
2017 - No cruise (Land touring of Greece and Italy)
2016 - Oceania Nautica- Beijing to Hong Kong
2015 - Oceania Marina - Sydney to Auckland
2014 - Oceania Marina - Southampton to Southampton around the British Isles, plus Amsterdam
2013 - Oceania Marina - Stockholm to Copenhagen
2012 - Azamara Quest - Rio to Buenos Aires
2011 - QM2 - New England & Canada
2010 - Celebrity Millennium - Alaska
2009 - Carnival ??? - E. Caribbean
2008 - Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean
2007 - Celebrity ??? - E. Caribbean
(COLLEGE & STARTING CAREER )
1997 - Cunard QE2 - E. Caribbean
Puget Sound
8,999 Posts
Joined May 2010
I haven't heard of anything smaller, but you never know. Have you checked out the Dave Koz cruises? I don't know if that's a smaller ship, but his cruises sell out crazy-fast! You could also contact the charter company that puts on the Smooth Jazz Cruise, Jazz Cruise, and Blue Note at Sea -- to see if they offer anything like that. I can't mention the name here, without violating the rule against naming TA's -- but, I'm sure you've run across them, in your research.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
new orleans
1,576 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Rick Braun has a European Jazz River Cruise..check his website..the Delta Steamboat Mississippi Cruise Company has several Jazz Cruises
Puget Sound
8,999 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by hattack
Rick Braun has a European Jazz River Cruise..check his website..the Delta Steamboat Mississippi Cruise Company has several Jazz Cruises
GREAT idea, Hattack!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Orlando, FL
982 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Thank you all. I just checked that cruise out and it looks fantastic, however we are in some ironic way taking our first river cruise in July following the same path. Too late to back out now and the Rick Braun cruise is sold out anyways. Something to keep in mind for the future though. Thank you very much.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Crystal Debussy River Cruise Bern to Amsterdam, plus Switzerland and Oslo
2017 - No cruise (Land touring of Greece and Italy)
2016 - Oceania Nautica- Beijing to Hong Kong
2015 - Oceania Marina - Sydney to Auckland
2014 - Oceania Marina - Southampton to Southampton around the British Isles, plus Amsterdam
2013 - Oceania Marina - Stockholm to Copenhagen
2012 - Azamara Quest - Rio to Buenos Aires
2011 - QM2 - New England & Canada
2010 - Celebrity Millennium - Alaska
2009 - Carnival ??? - E. Caribbean
2008 - Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean
2007 - Celebrity ??? - E. Caribbean
(COLLEGE & STARTING CAREER )
1997 - Cunard QE2 - E. Caribbean
Dallas, Texas
9,865 Posts
Joined May 2003
BLUE NOTE AT SEA 1/26 on infinity Caribbean
Hosted by Marcus MillerRobert GlasperDon Was Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra withWYNTON MARSALISCÉCILE McLORIN SALVANTKurt EllingDavid SanbornTerence Blanchard R+R=NOWRobert Glasper,Terrace Martin,Christian Scott,Derrick Hodge,Taylor McFerrin,Justin TysonChristian ScottJason MoranJosé JamesCandy DulferKandace SpringsEric Marienthal Music DirectorWycliffe GordonBen WilliamsBilly KilsonNiki HarisAaron ParksLogan RichardsonGeoffrey KeezerDamion ReidVicente ArcherSullivan FortnerFabian AlmazanDavid GinyardAlex HanCharles AlturaNasheet WaitsOscar SeatonTarus MateenLawrence FieldsLuques CurtisCorey FonvilleMalcolm GilAlonzo Bodden ComedianMore To Be
St Michaels, MD
589 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
I just found your thread and wanted to let you know we went on our 1st SJC this past February. I can't say enough good things about it. More activities each day than you can get to - meaning music choices. While the ship is larger then I think you were hoping for everything worked out very well. Brian Culbertson would hang out in the buffet area and was very approachable. We saw Rich Braun with his wife and so on ... IMO you owe it to yourself to do this cruise just once if you love smooth jazz music. I would call the travel agent who charters the entire ship because they are going to release the 2020 smooth jazz musicians sometime this month.
Puget Sound
8,999 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by katiekatie
I just found your thread and wanted to let you know we went on our 1st SJC this past February. I can't say enough good things about it. More activities each day than you can get to - meaning music choices. While the ship is larger then I think you were hoping for everything worked out very well. Brian Culbertson would hang out in the buffet area and was very approachable. We saw Rich Braun with his wife and so on ... IMO you owe it to yourself to do this cruise just once if you love smooth jazz music. I would call the travel agent who charters the entire ship because they are going to release the 2020 smooth jazz musicians sometime this month.
Hi Katie -- good to see you! Globaliser just posted (on the Charter Music Cruises thread) that they will announce the 2020 SJC line-up, dates, etc. on July 23rd! I can hardly wait to see who the featured performers will be! And -- February '19 can't get here fast enough, for me!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Check out Jazzdagen
for fine classical jazz:
http://www.jazzdagen.com/home.htm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Merry
Oceania Insignia Panama Canal June 2018