Southampton dock

StoogeUK

Hi all

Travelling on IOS next year from Southampton

We are using a courier so won't be parking. Just wondering how close do we go via a courier to the dock and do they take the bags or do u drop them at the check in

It sure about Southampton so wasn't sure if u get dropped right outside or not

Thanks

Hi all

Travelling on IOS next year from Southampton

We are using a courier so won't be parking. Just wondering how close do we go via a courier to the dock and do they take the bags or do u drop them at the check in

It sure about Southampton so wasn't sure if u get dropped right outside or not

Thanks

If by courier you mean a taxi or private hire then you are dropped outside the terminal in the drop off zone where your bags are taken off you. You walk into the terminal with hand luggage only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The taxi / courier should be able to drop you right outside the terminal probably a 50 yard walk to check in.

You may have to show your cruise documents to security at the entrance to the docks for the taxi / courier to be let in.

There is no document check to enter the dock gates. If you have port parking they may look at your parking permit and offer directions but the persons at the dock gates never ask for any thing.

I frequently drive into the docks without even being challenged - security on the dock gates is more concerned with tucks and vans. Cars and taxis and coaches are normally waved through. That for all dock gates (even the sneaky back way thro gate 20) & all cruise terminals.

Yes, your driver takes you to the terminal entrance or, if he knows his stuff, just along from the entrance at the luggage drop. Make sure your bags are labelled with your name & cabin number, hand them over, then with just your hand-luggage you go into the terminal for registration.

Simples.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Just go into sheep mode. When you get there, there will be swarms of porters loading cases onto trolleys and carting them off. Just follow the flock into the terminal and you will be fine. Remember that it is all geared to the lowest common denominator and be patient.

I beg to differ they always ask for some sort of identification why else would they be there?

Sailed from Southampton on numerous occasions the last two weeks ago and definitely had to show some sort of cruise identification.

It's obvious really.

They are there to assist and give direction. Not there to inspect any documentation. It’s a public road so anyone can drive on it, without documentation. If you presented documentation they may have looked at it to check you are heading in the right direction and offer help.