My Time Dining on the Serenade of the Seas

Hi everyone, I have booked my first RC cruise after seven Carnival cruises and am working on figuring out the differences. I have come to love Your Time Dining on Carnival, but can you explain reserving a time for My Time Dining? This seems to defeat the purpose of My Time Dining where you show up when you please.

Am I to understand though that I can make a reservation pre cruise, but then change that reservation daily if I please and then even still show up whenever I want to eat if my schedule changes?

What kind of wait have people been experiencing? In my last four Carnival cruises, I have not had to wait more than five minutes to be seated and I am wondering if I am better off just choosing the scheduled early seating on RC and then just eating elsewhere if I cannot make the early seating time.

We will also want a table for two being our anniversary.

• 1 month later...

Whether you make a reservation or not, getting a table for two won't be hard. Just be aware that the tables are very close together.

When the two tops are full, they'll try to group couples together to fill larger tables, but you have the option to wait.

If you opt to make a reservation, you can adjust it as you wish to accommodate your plans for the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I make reservations for every night...not necessarily for the same time, just depending on what I might think my itinerary of each day might be. If I ever decide to go to the dining room at a different time than my reservation, I may have to wait a bit and then perhaps get a different table location. With a reservation, I can often skip the longer line and go straight to the desk..sometimes 2 desks..one to take the reservation guest. BTW, you can add other guests to your table as well...there is an option when you reserve on line. Just be sure the other guest want to sit with you! ;):rolleyes:

As others have said above, you do not need to make a reservation. I always do; based on when we leave port and whether that night has something interesting to look at/photograph as we sail on to the next port. I have had to change my reservations a few times on the cruise, and never had an issue or had to really wait at all - especially if you are dining in any of the specialty restaurants.

My Serenade experiences are somewhat different. On two separate cruises on Serenade, they turned people away on the first night if they didn’t have reservations. They didn’t ever care if you showed up at time of reservation, but they did care if you had one. We found that as long as we had a time booked, we could go any time and were always welcomed. As other poster said, table for two not always available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums