Spa pool: Gem vs. Breakaway

MLA

Hi. I bought the spa pass for a two-week cruise on the Breakaway this past winter and enjoyed it very much. I especially loved the pool, which was really lovely and warm during the sea days when we were en route back to NYC.

I recently booked the 19 day LA-NY cruise on the Gem (Jan 27th from LA). Can anyone compare the pool in the Breakaway to the one in the Gem? Is the one in the Gem as large? If it's considerably smaller, I probably won't be interested in buying the spa pass again (especially since there are many more port days on this cruise until we get close to home in NY).

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Hi. I bought the spa pass for a two-week cruise on the Breakaway this past winter and enjoyed it very much. I especially loved the pool, which was really lovely and warm during the sea days when we were en route back to NYC.

I recently booked the 19 day LA-NY cruise on the Gem (Jan 27th from LA). Can anyone compare the pool in the Breakaway to the one in the Gem? Is the one in the Gem as large? If it's considerably smaller, I probably won't be interested in buying the spa pass again (especially since there are many more port days on this cruise until we get close to home in NY).

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Its smaller, however I like the Gem Thermal Spa better than the BA

The biggest difference other than the much smaller size of the Gem spa is that the Breakaway pool has stairs and the Gem has a ladder. The hot tub next to the pool has an odd stair configuration that is difficult for anyone needing to use the railing.

Maybe not an issue for many but anyone with a mobility issue, bad knee, etc should be aware.