I booked early savers on June 18th on the Triumph and it is paid off, what if?

Thad409

If you are early saver:

Right now you should be outside the 75-day margin (I believe this is it) for final payment...so you should only lose $50/pp for rebooking onto another ship.

If you want to cancel altogether, you would lose the $50/pp and the reset would be "held" for you in escrow of sorts and you can use to rebook in 2 years time... or if you know what ship/sailing you want to transfer too... just contact them and have them rebook you on the new sailing and the $50/pp shows up as an admin fee on your new booking and the balance paid transfer over as payment to new booking.

Others you may not lose anything at all... depends on what rate you booked under.

If I decided to cancel that cruise on the triumph and lose my initial deposit with the rate, can rebook on a different Cruise on a different ship using the remaining balance of my booking

Yes you can after the $50pp penalty.

So is Early Saver a rate that you like to book? I have this as a choice on a cruise I am looking to book. Trying to understand the + and - of the various rates.

I personally usually book early saver. This is almost always the lowest rate available, but does come with restrictions as far as cancellation - you loose the $50/pp if you decide to cancel or rebook to another ship (I am willing to take this chance as I very rarely have had to make a change once booked). Also, once I book I always wait until there is a reduced deposit sale and I only have to put down a really low deposit. This means I don't have a big deposit tied up if I do decide to book that they end up holding toward a future cruise if I cancel. I book way in advance usually (like 2 years out sometimes), and don't start paying more on the cruise until about 6 months out (again so my money isn't tied up).

Early saver comes with the price protection right up to sailing, which means if the price drops anytime up till sailing you can get a price adjustment in your favor. Other rates only afford you a price adjustment up until final payment.

Other rates like past guest allow you to book and you can cancel with a full refund up until time of final payment if you are worried about the possibility of canceling.

The biggest thing is to make sure you know exactly what rate you are booking and to make sure you full understand the potential benefits and restrictions.